- by robbiewil Jan 5, '09I read a question awhile back from "old icu nurse" asking for info on the little light blue tubex- I didn't see any satisfactory answers at the time on where you can buy one. I found one online a couple of years ago, but I also let a co-worker "borrow" mine and it was lost. Now I can't find another one anywhere! Does anyone know a company that sells them? I have a blue and clear carpujet but I hate it. I would really appreciate info on where to get the blue plastic Tubex.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=359966©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 5, '09 by Ginger's MomAsk the pharmacy where you work for one, and it's free. Or Wymeth and ask for one.
- Jan 5, '09 by dusky1228Try calling a physician's office or your hospital Supplies Dept-they have to order them, so they should have the contact info.
They are like gold though. I still have 3 from my hospital days-we all had our own.
- Jan 6, '09 by awsmfunCheck on Ebay--there are some metal ones for sale.
- Jan 6, '09 by RNperdiemI dropped my Tubex not so long ago and it broke. I managed to keep that Tubex for 10 years.
I have not managed to find another. The pharmacy does not carry them, so I am making do with the Carpujet.
- Jan 6, '09 by NRSKarenRNtubex - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
although a few products are still manufactured in tubex, the wyeth company has discontinued the entire line of products and has licensed its use to other companies
great holder for bicillin and heparin cartridges for injection in good old days.
i'm hording mine....
- Jan 6, '09 by BBFRNLOL...I've horded mine, too.
- Sep 8, '09 by jhittrnI have three of them; not the carpuject but the good old light blue tubex. A lot of nurses keep referring to these forums stating to ask your pharmacy- but for anyone who knows the difference knows that is not the answer they are looking for because the tubex's are out of manufacture. For some reason I have come to prefer the carpuject now that our hospital has went to a luer lock system instead of the luer slip. I wonder how allnurses.com would feel about me starting an online auction on its site! :chuckle
- Sep 8, '09 by robbiewilI would LOVE to buy one from you if you are willing to sell! Just let me know how much and where to send it. If so, I will give you my contact info-address, etc.
Thanks for writing.
- Feb 5, '11 by cdcrnaI am trying to find some Tubex injectors for the nurses in our Recovery Room. They only have one and they try to share it. I would like to buy some as gifts for them if anyone has some for sale. There are 12 nurses. Thanks!