In the past few weeks, I have made mental notes of the things that I do at my job that are not "on my list of job requirements" so to speak......
1. Emptying trash in patient's rooms and cleaning up said rooms
2. Rearranging the room as to please the patient and/or family
3. Calling dietary multiple times to request tray's for patient's families
4. Going to great lenghts to obtain beverages, snacks, etc. for patient's and families
5. Calling hotels to inquire about vacanies for patient's families who are from out of town
6. Taking patient's who are discharged down to waiting cars
I don't mind doing these things, but there are times when I find myself getting behind with medication passes, etc. because I am busy being the housekeeper, transporter, and nurse aide. (Our hospital has cut back on these ancillary staff, so these tasks now fall on the shoulders of nursing staff.)
What other hat's do you wear at work?