Stinky Butts!! - page 2

O.K. I'm venting here. I am disgusted by people that do not know how to properly clean thier behinds after a BM!:( :( I am not talking about people with special needs or handicaps. I do not... Read More

  1. by   ohbet
    This topic stinks!
  2. by   nursemouse
    I have found some VERY um, "creative and malodorous" things in belly buttons! I'm not talking just fuzz; I've found remnants of meals, miscellanous gunk, and once I even found a rock! Belly buttons seem to be forgotten in hygiene sometimes-and yes, they can reek!
  3. by   wv_nurse 2003
    Originally posted by ohbet
    This topic stinks!

    :roll
  4. by   FutureNurse2005
    OMG!!! lol

    This is what I have to look forward to???
    Good thing I dont have a weak stomach eh!!

    Isnt it just amazing how well people care for themselves
  5. by   KimRN03
    As far as the stinky feet go........apply shaving cream to their feet and then just wipe off. It should take care of the smell. If they are REALLY BAD rub shaving cream on their feet and put their feet in baggies for 30 mins. Works like a charm...swear! Just make sure they're not allergic to shaving cream!
  6. by   Hardknox
    Originally posted by KimRN03
    As far as the stinky feet go........apply shaving cream to their feet and then just wipe off. It should take care of the smell. If they are REALLY BAD rub shaving cream on their feet and put their feet in baggies for 30 mins. Works like a charm...swear! Just make sure they're not allergic to shaving cream!
    Wow! I'd like to try that on the shoes in our nurses locker room! Can you imagine everyone coming in in the morning to find shoes full of shaving cream? Seriously though, that locker room stinks. Any suggestions to deoderize unwashable shoes other than Gold Bond Powder??
  7. by   rstewart
    My thanks to Helen the original poster for this much needed thread. Since she lives in Oklahoma (as do I) and has lived in several states previously I must ask: How do the states rank in butt stinkiness? Is there any significance to the fact that your post was written while living in Oklahoma---- ie are we number one?
  8. by   nursejenrad
    Okay, you are SOOO funny. I totally agree.
  9. by   nurse2002
    Originally posted by rstewart
    My thanks to Helen the original poster for this much needed thread. Since she lives in Oklahoma (as do I) and has lived in several states previously I must ask: How do the states rank in butt stinkiness? Is there any significance to the fact that your post was written while living in Oklahoma---- ie are we number one?
    I have worked in 3 states. They all have the honor of ranking the same in stinky feet, butts, and the icky hospital breath.
    Now thats the one that gets me. Why cant people brush their teeth in the hospital? If they can eat they can brush.

    Ive agency for years supplementing my income. I would go to one facility and all the residents would have the "crusties" around and in the mouth. You know, that hard film you can actually peel off the roof of a mouth or off the tongue. Even the lips. I actually got everyone together at the nurses station to discuss this issue. The practically laughed at me. It was really frustrating when these people, most of them, couldnt do their own oral care. But then I would more often than not, after this "meeting" find more oral care supplies in the rooms. And didnt see as much "crusties".

    I still keep "toothettes" in my pockets.
  10. by   merrynurse
    another thing that works besides shaving cream is waterless antibiotic gel..use it like the shaving cream ..it works
  11. by   memphispanda
    Originally posted by nurse2002
    Ive agency for years supplementing my income. I would go to one facility and all the residents would have the "crusties" around and in the mouth. You know, that hard film you can actually peel off the roof of a mouth or off the tongue. Even the lips.
    Ewww...reminds me of this patient I had in clinical...
    It was one of my first total care patients, and I had gotten through the peg feedings, changing the peg dressing, and giving some really needed foot care. I had noticed that she seemed to have *something* on her tongue, but I thought it was a growth or something....
    My instructor came in to observe me doing an IV push (have to be observed for pushes until we have our license) and said "what's that in her mouth?" I of course said "I don't know, I think maybe it's a growth or something?" She says "put a clean glove on and see if you can pull it out." eww. Grossssssss. But I did it. It was a big glob of that crusty stuff, except it wasn't crusty yet. LOL It was plain nasty. Then I used the toothette to clean up the rest of her mouth. When I was done it was the first/only time I saw the lady actually change expression--she smiled.
  12. by   CVSDnurse
    Lack of oral care is my biggest fear if I should need long term care-my hubbie said he would change my diapers, I should have specified that the employees would eventually notice that and to practice brushing my teeth.
  13. by   cpgrn
    I just have to say that sometimes my feet smell bad. Sometimes I come home and wash my feet just so I can stand them. It is really weird, but certain times of the year are really bad. I don't think it's bad hygeine - just some chemical. I'm very aware and self conscious of it. I understand everyone who has this problem.
    Stinky butts, I don't understand, if you are capable of wiping.

close