Short QuestionaireRegister Today!
- by R_cain Mar 29, '10Hi, im looking for some volunteers to fill out 25 questions that I have compiled for an assignment in my Pre-Health sciences program. The survey contains questions regarding what it's like to work as an RN, and nursing school.
I am looking for either people that have been working as an RN for years, a new RN graduate or a current RN student.
preferably from Ontario, for I live there. Thanks.
- 840 Views
- Mar 29, '10 by DesareyWell, I'm not from Ontario, but I'm in graduate school in the states and I've been an RN 7yrs. If you would like for me to do the questionnaire, let me know.
- Mar 29, '10 by loriangel14You would be better to post this in the Canadian Forum.
- Mar 29, '10 by murphyleI'm in the Detroit, MI area (Windsor, ON is just a bridge or tunnel away), and I'm a recent grad RN. I'd be happy to fill out the questionnaire as well.
Best of luck to you!
- Mar 29, '10 by locolorenzo22been working as a RN for 3 years, but in hospital setting 5 years overall...be happy to help. In IL, USA.
- Mar 30, '10 by Katie803i know you said preferrably Ontario, but is this school preference or a personal preference? I would think your teachers might be interested in questionaires filled out by people from different parts of the continent, even the world! Not an RN yet, got about a year, but currently in school. I'd love to help if I could. I'm from SC in the southeast of the US.
- Mar 30, '10 by kale39I have been a Reg N for 26 years in Northern Ontario, currently awaiting permission to write my NCLEX, and I would be more than happy to help you out by filling in your survey/questionaire.
- Mar 30, '10 by kale39locolorenzo22 .... where abouts in IL are you, that is where I am hoping to get to when our governments get there paperwork done so I can write the NCLEXLast edit by kale39 on Mar 30, '10 : Reason: wanted to address it to a specific writer
- Mar 30, '10 by R_cainemail to email@example.com
Career as an RN
Hello my name is Rachel Cain, Pre-Health Sciences student at Fanshawe College. I’d first like to thank you for taking time to fill out this short interview. There are 27 short answer questions regarding your career as an RN. I am conducting this interview to gain information about working as a RN for an assignment in my Success Strategies course. I will be using your feedback to help me determine if the Bachelor of Science in Nursing collaborative program is the program that I would like to apply for in the future. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
What programs, courses and/or workshops have you taken for your nursing career? (Including dates and locations)
What jobs in the past and present have you worked as an RN?
What are your thoughts and feelings regarding those positions?
Where do you ideally see yourself working?
What would you say was the worst and the best part about nursing school?
Looking back at your education now, what would you change about the program to make it more beneficial to nursing students?
What classes did you find most relevant to your nursing career?
What tips, or advice would you give a student applying to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program?
What do you find to be the most enjoyable part of your career? The least?
Are you and your coworkers generally happy with their job? Do they enjoy being there?
Describe the atmosphere where you work.
Describe a typical day where you work (routines, tasks, etc)
What would you consider to be the top three most important skills to obtain for your position?
How do you and your coworkers feel about the rate of pay for your career?
Explain the benefits of working as an RN.
Do you feel that you make a difference being an RN?
What would you say is the biggest risk working in nursing?
Briefly explain how you are protected by or cared for by your employer (insurance, healthcare, education etc.)
Explain the dress code for being an RN.
Is the job physically demanding?
What are typical shifts like for an RN in your area of work?
What would you say is the likelihood of getting a position as an RN for a new graduate?
What is a typical interview like when applying for an RN position?
What have been your greatest learning experiences?
What have you learned about yourself form this career?
What would you change about your job if you could?
What do you feel you still have to learn or accomplish?
- Mar 30, '10 by locolorenzo22Kale, I am in the chicagoland area.