Short nurse bio for social media (facebook..)Register Today!
- by ariadna Jun 22, '11Hi,
I did a facebook account yesterday and I want write a short bio in biography field.
This is my idea:
"Ariadna is a staff nurse. She grew up in xxxx and graduated from xxxx University from xxxxx. She is looking for a work, doesn't matter which service because her goal is learn more about different areas of nursing and had a positive impact on people."
I don't know how continue,I want say something about my skills at work but I don't know how skills are important on a new nurse (if you are rrhh hospital and you are looking at nurse's facebook) .
I must say something about my hobbies? I like reading,learn languages..
Waiting for your ideas & help
Thanks in advance
- Jun 22, '11 by HouTxSeriously, you think you're going to get a job from a Facebook connection? Recruiters and hiring managers do not lurk on Facebook. I do know that some hiring managers may take a look - AFTER an interview - just to discover more about the applicant.
So, if anything, you should be fluffing up your profile with all sorts of things that may make you appear to be a wonderful hire. Maybe posting information about all your volunteer activies, feeding the hungry, saving the lives of random strangers, etc.... LOL. Remove anything that could possibly be misconstrued or tick anyone off (e.g., political or religious viewpoints, snarky comments). Make sure that all your privacy settings are appropriate -unless you want potential employers to find out everything about you and your friends.
- Jun 22, '11 by ariadnaMy facebook account is new so is still empty. I only have my profile picture,some friends and no more..
- Jun 22, '11 by PackersFanIf anything, you should look into LinkedIn. I have built up my LinkedIn profile to be extremely professional. My Facebook account is strictly personal & completely private - you only see an always appropriate profile picture. That is, if you can even find me, I have a very common first & last name.
You can try to keep your Facebook profile professional, but you will always have a friend or two who will make an inappropriate comment....
- Jun 22, '11 by TaitI love Facebook...as a connection to friends and family very far away. I agree with PackersFan (I am from Wisconsin!) that LinkedIn might be a better professional resource than Facebook.
- Jun 22, '11 by mazyToo many people getting fired because of Facebook these days. If you want to get a professional presence out there it would be better going with a professional site like LinkedIN or set up a professional profile on a job site for nurses -- your state Nurses Association website would be one.
- Jun 22, '11 by Thankful RN,BSNOne of my pet-peeves is when people write in 3rd person on FB. Like seriously, lol.
- Jun 22, '11 by RNperdiemRemember, Facebook is a social network, not a professional one.
Putting a lot of work stuff on a social network is like the person who only talks about work at a party.
Talk about your hobbies and what makes you an interesting person.
- Dec 8, '12 by ariadnaThanks to all of you!