RN to MDRegister Today!
- by kalevra Jan 1Do any of the readers or posters here actually know of anyone that went from RN to MD. I wanted to see how many people actually did this. Most people I know that went medical followed the PA route.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805399©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 1 by hiddencatRNYes, one of the docs I used to work with was a nurse first. And I've run in to a couple of residents who used to be nurses.
- Jan 1 by netglowYes, nurse to general surgeon.
- Jan 1 by AltraI have worked with 4 physicians who were previously nurses.
- Jan 1 by RN-CardiacI work with 2 physicians who were nurses first.
- Jan 1 by ohmeowzer RNi find the nurses who become dr's as awesome people . i find them amazing and it's interesting to see them transition over.
- Jan 2 by MN-NurseQuote from kalevraOne of our hospitalists did. I would ask her about it but she scares me.Do any of the readers or posters here actually know of anyone that went from RN to MD. I wanted to see how many people actually did this. Most people I know that went medical followed the PA route.
- Jan 2 by kalevraThanks for the feed back guys
- Jan 2 by elkparkMy father was an RN who later went to medical school, some 60 years ago ... My mother, who was a nurse who met him after he was a physician, used to comment that you could always tell when you worked with him -- he was much more considerate of the nurses, and expected a lot less caretaking and assistance from the nurses, than the other physicians.
- Jan 2 by ian_onymousPhysicians who were once an RN are very kind and caring to nurses. They understand the struggles we meet in every shift that we work. :-)