Question regarding "should I retake a class?"Register Today!
This is a discussion on Question regarding "should I retake a class?" in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Hi nurses. I am a RN with a BSN. Actually I have 2 bachelor degrees. My 1st in Exericse & Sports...by ICU, RN, BSN, B.S. Jun 30, '11Hi nurses.
I am a RN with a BSN. Actually I have 2 bachelor degrees. My 1st in Exericse & Sports Science. I'm 27 years old. Been an RN for 3 years (3 years in Aug). Worked on a Medical/Tele floor and now just got hired into an ICU (MICU/SICU). Goal is to be a CRNA. I took A&P 2 before A&P1, took A&P2 as undergrad when I was 18 years old as a freshmen with the mind set of "not caring" like many other 18 year olds. Anyways I got an 2.0. took A&P 1 the next year and got a 3.0. My question is, a 2.0 is not good, so should I retake A&P2 so it would look better when I apply to CRNA schools?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=585449©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jun 30, '11 by casiThis is probably a better question for the CRNA forum.
I think it would depend on the school and how they weight previous classes. I would suspect that a nursing pre-req doesn't hold a ton of weight in getting into CRNA school... but honestly check with the schools and the CRNA forum.
- Jun 30, '11 by ICU, RN, BSN, B.S.Thanks for responding. Where do I go for the CRNA forum? I just signed up for this website and have NO CLUE where to navigate haha.
- Jun 30, '11 by LadyinScrubsGo to the top of the page and hit the "specialty" tab.
- Jun 30, '11 by linearthinkerWhat is a 2, a C? Yes, I'd retake it. I think you need pretty close to a 4.0 in your science courses to be competitive, you did for my FNP school and CRNA school is equally competitive. Good luck.
- Jun 30, '11 by NickiLaughsI would recommend retaking it, not only because of the low grade, but because it's been a while since you took it, and would probably want a refresher prior to such a challenging program anyway.
- Jul 1, '11 by ICU, RN, BSN, B.S.Quote from linearthinkerYea 2.0 is a C. Should I retake it at masters level or just undergrad?? Yea it's been 9.5 years since I took that class, jeez that's a long time hahaha.What is a 2, a C? Yes, I'd retake it. I think you need pretty close to a 4.0 in your science courses to be competitive, you did for my FNP school and CRNA school is equally competitive. Good luck.