Vegas, don't be too impressed, that is my default title, I tried to change it to nursing gypsy, and screwed up! LOL! I've been "super" for a while, just always seemed to pretentious-sounding to be by my name, so I changed it.
sjoe, truly, that many jobs? Thanks, you made me feel so much better!!!
I got that as an interview question actually, if you could design your job that you wanted what yu it be, your perfect job? What a loaded question!!
My answer today was I would own my own home health agency, but I would not want to have to deal with hcfa regulations. This probably made them go...uh oh, she isn't a "team player" Oh how I HATE that phrase!!!
Never heard of the book, but I will have to get it. Lord knows I need some advice.
I have an interview Friday, to go back to an employer, a namaged care co tghat I wasn't thrilled with (But that dept was a bad one out of the place) and it is 10 min from my house.
I know this much
1. I loved HH but I was sick of bogus visits on the weekend and holidays. It is entirely possible for my company to operate w/o being open on weekends and holidays, but they are greedy, so they won't. In HH nothing is an emergency, that is what 911 is for.
2. I am done with hospitals and their crap, unsafe scheduling, the physical toll, in CT ICU Jenny, we had out share of dead weight, as I am sure you know, and I am no one to talk, but most cardiac pt's aren't skinny!
3. I will not work another Christmas day unless it is my choice, or my family is in danger of starving. I've done my share.
4. I would love to start my own biz, be my own boss, maybe even start a supllemental HH staffing company. I am seriously givinbg that more thought.
5. Whatever my next job is, I would like to fantasize that I will stay there and retire from it. It might be brave to step out and risk new ventures, but after awhile it gets old. You get so tired of having to "prove yourself" over and over to a new group of people. I don't want to move around w the possible exception of starting my own biz.
Sigh! After the Holidays I will have to get that book. I am so sick of this job, I am ready to go back to my HH per diem job until I get something else and just resign, but then, would have to do weekends, b/c I will NOT case manage in HH, they just don't pay you well enough for that aggravation.
Thanks for listening! Keep your thoughts coming. If only I could afford that Librarian degree! (Sigh!)