Is it possible for a pt to ejaculate with a foley in? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 12, '09 by Valerie SalvaQuote from NurseyPoo7The MD is wrong. He needs to retake A&P.The A&O patient is claiming he has a BM and when you go to clean him up, it looks exactly like semen. Multiple staff have seen it and they all agree. However, he has a foley in and the MD says its impossible, but I've honestly never seen clear-to-white sticky BM, no BM smell. Especially, "BM" thats more on the patients penis and front of his testicles than his rear end.
I sat in on a short lecture a doc gave about how male pts with foleys should fold the foley over and apply a condom over the foley and penis- not just for contraception and protection from STDs, but to help prevent UTI.
The ejaculate comes out around the outside of the foley.
- Jan 12, '09 by Babs0512Yes, men and women can even have intercourse with a catheter in place - so yes, could be ejaculate.
- Jan 12, '09 by primerkThink about it...if you can have a bladder spasm that leaks around the catheter, why could you not have the same with an ejaculation. From a male perspective, if I got a 14 or 16fr catheter sticking into my penis, there aint no way I am going to want to let my hand do any romance! And as far as "wet dream"...I don't think I'd be having any thing but night terrors while hospitalized.
- Jan 12, '09 by Lori75Thanks for your explanation Scubadude...it was exactly the avenue of thought I was following, certainly explains the spermatozoa in the Urine. I actually read about a female and male, both Catheterized, engaging in intercourse...My mind bends a bit processing that one.
As for pericare on a guy with a penile implant...yeah, been there...he was a CVA, and incontinent of urine most of the time. To get a brief on him was difficult because it would not stay in, partly d/t anatomy difficulty, and mostly he would not keep his hands off his enhanced unit. we tried everything to keep a breif on him...it pretty much came down to bed changes q4h...and his urine STUNK!!! No UTI....we kept checking and checking....Just very funky urine! Stunk up that end of the unit. Hope he is not back on my unit anytime soon. He was catheterized for quite a while when he first came in ...that was nice...then he got over the retention thing....
- Jan 12, '09 by FireStarterRNYes Roy, there is a small possiblity that a 50 year old man could still be having wet dreams. He probably got his HIV+ status from a blood transfusion too.
- Jan 12, '09 by MagsulfateFirst of all, I have NEVER gotten sick from reading posts here, but, as I was reading this morning, I was eating a scrambled egg sandwich. Now, that was really nasty. I don't think I can ever eat one again.
Okay, though,, to put a new spin on things....There are men who have fetishes of sticking things UP their penis. A doctor ordered foley catheter would be the ultimate 'wet dream' for these guys. haha hmmm.. anyway, go figure.
- Jan 12, '09 by CANCELLED ACCOUNTHmm I would say the body is capable of anything