Pay check??Register Today!
- by All Star_Pre Nurse Feb 1What was your reaction to your first check?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812814©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 1 by NurseadamQuote from All Star_Pre Nursehappiness!What was your reaction to your first check?
- Feb 1 by lagalanurseMuch happiness! I get paid every 2 weeks and my first check was $300 less than what I used to make in a full month at my previous job as a marketing coordinator. And I'm not even at my full rate, I get $4 less an hour while in orientation!
- Did you get a new car? House?? Shop how was it.?
- Quote from lagalanurseWow sounds like alot!!!!Much happiness! I get paid every 2 weeks and my first check was $300 less than what I used to make in a full month at my previous job as a marketing coordinator. And I'm not even at my full rate, I get $4 less an hour while in orientation!
- Feb 1 by KelRN215Ha, your first pay check in nursing will be nowhere near enough to buy a new car or a house.
I paid my rent, bought groceries and probably my student loans. After that, nothing was left. It took four years of working full time to save up enough money to make a down payment on a house... and even then, I had to cash a ton of old bonds to do it. You don't make a lot of money in your first years as a nurse... not in the least, especially with the economy how it is now and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements down... raises are stagnant because of that but the dollar is worth less and less every year.
- Feb 2 by AkeosHahahaha, A New car or house...good joke! I paid my bills, just like i've done with all my pay checks.Last edit by Akeos on Feb 2
- Feb 2 by Racer15I put a third of it into savings, so I can start saving for a new car. It's going to take me at least five or six months of doing that to get a good down payment on a new car. I know people that ran out and bought a new car the day they graduated but that just seems stupid to me. To each their own I guess!
- Feb 2 by Racer15Slight disappointment, when I saw how much was taken out for taxes in all honesty.