- 0Oct 9, '10 by rivet32Many people do not realize why there is such a major nursing shortage in America. There are several reasons for this:
1) Lack of money into Education
2) Limited Nursing space and facilities to accomodate nursing students
3) Nursing Educators are retiring from the profession, therefore there are less Nursing Educators
4) Nurses who are overworked due to staff shortages are at risk of leaving the profession
There are many bright people who want to enter Nursing but have to wait for many months or years to get into Nursing school due to a limited amount of space into the program. This is unacceptable. There has to be a way to get these students into Nursing programs without waiting.
Patient care is compromised when there is inadequate numbers of nurses available to take care of the patients. Our patients are becoming more sicker and they need good care.
Anybody know how we can fix this drastic problem?
- 2,926 Views
- 2Oct 20, '10 by MBARNBSN GuideQuote from rivet32is this a joke post? if not, then do you mean south america or canada (neither job markets of which i know)? if you are talking about the good ol’ u.s.a, then you are a little mistaken. although i concede that some areas have a few job openings from time to time, there definitely is no nursing shortage in the united states of america. the job market is especially cruel to most new graduate nurses.many people do not realize why there is such a major nursing shortage in america........ there are several reasons for this:
anybody know how we can fix this drastic problem?
- 10Oct 20, '10 by ♪♫ in my ♥Quote from rivet32And even more do not realize that quite the opposite is true... there is actually a huge glut of nurses in America.Many people do not realize why there is such a major nursing shortage in America.There are many bright people who want to enter Nursing but have to wait for many months or years to get into Nursing schoolAnybody know how we can fix this drastic problem?
THERE IS NO NURSING SHORTAGE... THERE IS A NURSING GLUT.
- 7Oct 20, '10 by Blackcat99I am so sick of hearing about the "nursing shortage." People are always telling me "You're a nurse. You will never be out of work." I feel sorry for the new nurses especially who can't get jobs. I worry that the public is thinking "Gee, you're a nurse. What's wrong with you that you don't have a job?
- 2Oct 20, '10 by bagladyrn GuideIn the recent past there has been a shortage - not of nurses, but of nurses willing to work under the available conditions.
Now with the economy so bad and so many others out of work we are seeing nurses taking jobs and working under otherwise unacceptable conditions, so now there are few positions left empty and those are not being filled by hospitals which would rather make the nurses work short and save the money.