NUrsing research topics please! - page 2
guys i need ur help, can i please have some good research topic, ones that will have a lot of articles that will support its study...thank you!...i have some topics, i just want your oppinions,thank... Read More
Dec 22, '06Quote from henryrossguys i need ur help, can i please have some good research topic, ones that will have a lot of articles that will support its study...thank you!...i have some topics, i just want your oppinions,thank you!!..^^
can you help me find a good topic for my thesis??? PLS
Dec 22, '06Quote from augigiMy prof for nursing research wanted a strong defense of how your research would contribute to nursing...specifically in a certain field, or to nursing knowledge as a whole.If it's just coming up with the proposal, you can still defend it - why you chose it, why it's valid research, how the results will be used, why you chose the study design you did, the data collection you did etc etc.
Our prof told us to really think about feasible topics that would mean something to nurses, not a medical research topic. Some of her suggestions were:
- Mandatory Flu shots for nurses = better patient outcomes
- Computer Charting & Documentation vs. old system
- Technology integration into nursing practice
- Breast Feeding education rates on maternity units & success rates
- Medication self administration
- Abuse of nurses by co-workers, doctors, patients & families
- Nursing mentorship & pre-ceptorship...."nurses eat their young"
- Value of basic nursing education in the real world
If you're in your third year, you must have already completed some clinical rotations somewhere. Think back to things you noticed on the floors.....ever wonder why, what about ____, have they ever tried _____, that equipment was a waste of money, etc.
So many topics to choose from. And you don't necessarily need to find research supporting your choice topic. You can find research that says everything but your topic of choice, and defend your research as filling in a "knowledge gap". Thats what we did for my project. We presented similar studies, but none actually researching our topic specifically.
Apr 20, '08Hi everyone. I am also trying to decide on a research project for my MSN. I am interested in ethical and legal issues. Also nursing errors, nursing malpractice. Any ideas? Thanks for any input.
May 14, '08If you are interested in studies on alcohol and health, how about:
- Maternal alcohol use and effect of infant birth weight
- Alcohol use and effect on cardiac health. Difference between red and white wine?
- Alcohol use and breast cancer risk.