Nursing listed as 4th on a list of fun jobs. - Page 4Register Today!
- May 26, '12 by psu_213Quote from 33762FLIf they even pay half this amount for their 'articles' then Yahoo is getting ripped off big time!Has there ever been a Yahoo article on any subject that wasn't completely asinine? They must pay unemployed journalism majors $25 per document just so they can fill up space on their webpage or something.
- May 26, '12 by MerlynLots of fun. Digging where no man has gone before - hopefully. Vomit to the right of you, Blood to the left of you, and you- know-what in front of you. Working in the Psychic hospital and getting important parts of your anatomy kicked in. I'm so happy just thinking about it, I just put my fist through the wall. I long for the good old days when I was called everything but a Child of God. Boy, that was funny. Now if you will excuse me I have to go and hunt for Wild Turkey. I know that bottle is around here somewhere.
- May 26, '12 by griffinchetFor some reason, nursing is being touted as if it's just an acquired taste. You are either meant for this profession or you're not.
I have always stated, nursing is not like accounting and business management. You can't afford the mistakes of some of the other career sectors in this line of work.
Not to mention, the doctors are arrogant, the hours are long, the pay does not equate to the physical work you perform, and you go home to do it all over again. I love my career! I wouldn't dream of returning to the executive ranks if they increased my pay by 7 figures.
- May 26, '12 by Always_LearningHA! Hahahahahahahahahaha!
And that is my commentary on that article.
Oh, and this quote: "Sometimes bad news must be given, and it's during these situations that having registered nurses who are fun-loving, outgoing, and lighthearted can be important." Uhhh, Yahoo, no amount of my being lighthearted helps when I am calling a family to tell them to come see their family member for what will be the last time, and hoping they make it to the hospital in time. As a matter of fact, giving ANY bad news is not really the time to be light-hearted OR "fun-loving." Really?! Get a clue!
Last edit by Always_Learning on May 26, '12 : Reason: "And another thing..."
- May 26, '12 by TheCommuterQuote from griffinchetare you sure about that?i love my career! i wouldn't dream of returning to the executive ranks if they increased my pay by 7 figures.
i'd quit my job tonight if a 7-figure payday was waiting on the table for me.
- May 26, '12 by workingharderLord, how many starry-eyed kids are going to fall for this crap, only to (if they can actually get a job) end up losing they're sanity in a run down nursing home taking care of 30 patients ? All the while being in debt for $40,000.I can see it coming to a forum near you,"But, Yahoo said it was going to be FUN !"Last edit by workingharder on May 26, '12 : Reason: I honestly don't know why my phone so dislikes the ability to use paragraphs.