Nurses Week Ideas, CelebrationsRegister Today!
- by MPHgrad May 4, '10another nurses week is almost upon us. any interesting nurses week promotions out there? how will your hospital be celebrating it? i ran across nursezone rnís choice awards where you can nominate yourself or a friend to be eligible to win spa gift certificates and other prizes. i like the idea of trying to get your friend recognition that she deserves. http://www.nursezone.com/promotion.aspx
- May 4, '10 by roser13Sorry you haven't had any responses. My particular facility has turned Nurses' Week into Healthcareworkers' Week. It no longer registers on my radar.
- May 4, '10 by elkparkI always say the same thing about Nurses' Week that I used to say about Secretaries' Day when I was a secretary -- I'd much rather my employer skip the free lunch and flowers (or whatever useless geegaw they're giving out this year), and just treat me decently as an employee all year ...
- May 4, '10 by misseileen32Our hospital isn't doing anything official for nurses this year so we have taken it upon ourselves to do something for each other. Our Caritas Committee is offering a Quiet Time room for nurses to get away if only for an hour or a few minutes. That is on the hospital-wide scale.
In our unit we are cooking, literally. It is a Rueben and Grilled sandwich lunch with awesome Beer-Cheese Soup made by the staff. We are cooking for our nurse manager, charge nurse, and nurse educator to show our appreciation (they are helping by buying the meats).
- May 4, '10 by EmilyCCRNMy hospital actually does a decent job celebrating Nurses Week. Last year we had a different event every day, including having our CNO and other administrators make us ice cream sundaes and Italian sodas. They also had contests (like "match the baby photo to the correct CNM") and there were a bunch of prizes. They also gave us goodie bags. Our Nurses Week starts on the 6th this year and goes through the weekend, so I'm not sure what's planned yet. I hope they're doing Italian sodas again, though.
- May 4, '10 by NRSKarenRNHome health agency had catered breakfast, gave out badge holder with $10.00 gift card for local convenience store with gas pumps; I chipped in allnurses pens (best pens ever made several commented)---staff told me happy with the day.