NURSE work schedule - Page 2Register Today!
- I mean ull being able to save spend an take care if family and bills
- Jan 14 by KelRN215Quote from Student Nurse_7Depends how much you spend. In the first four years of my career, I saved a lot. Then I bought my house and had to make a down payment. I don't have a family to take care of. I pay my bills every month and still manage to save a little. I do not carry a balance on any of my credit cards. I think you can live a comfortable life as a nurse but not an extravagant one.I mean ull being able to save spend an take care if family and bills
- Sounds good.
- Jan 14 by ccweisbardI'm going to be honest here.... With a family of four, husband is disabled and SSI check is VERY low, two car payments, rent, various other bills, I live from paycheck to paycheck... I barely make ends meet unless I am working 1-2 OT shifts per paycheck, and those are not always available. I live in the DFW area and have been a nurse (bedside) for 12.5yrs. However I have lived in CA and NV as well and it was a struggle there as well.... Today I took a dive and began a job as a Clinical Information Analyst. My thing is that I needed to move up in the world and $.30 raises every year wasn't going to get me there..... I wouldn't trade my experience for anything, I loved being a bedside nurse and encourage any new nurse to get at least 5 yrs experience at the bedside!!
- Jan 14 by Marston3sI work 4 on 2 off 8 hour shifts (which are always ending up 12-14 hours). I tried to negotiate my schedule to 2 16s on the weekend (administration is not there) and I got shut down. I actually hope they fire me so I can collect unemployment while I look for another job but they love me and even gave me an engraved name tag, ugh.
- Wow lol me an my girlfriend are going to school to be nurses we have a son will we live good? Average salary for nurse
- Jan 14 by ChristineNQuote from Student Nurse_7This question has been answered in this thread already by several different people.Wow lol me an my girlfriend are going to school to be nurses we have a son will we live good? Average salary for nurse
If you want to know how much you and your girlfriend could make it might be a good idea to look at job listings in your area or to ask nurses in your area.
- Jan 14 by Fiona59Quote from Student Nurse_7There is NO average. It depends on where you live, who you work for, cost of living in your area, and your definition of "good".Wow lol me an my girlfriend are going to school to be nurses we have a son will we live good? Average salary for nurse
Did you do any research before you started university?
I'm a unionized LPN in Canada (our dollars are virtually at par) and I make more than many RN posters in the US.
Use your critical thinking skills and research for your state.
- Jan 14 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from Student Nurse_7It depends. What state? How many facilities are in your area? Diploma, associates or BSN?
Some states new-grad RN's that can land a job start out at $13-$15/hr other states base pay is $30 or more per hour but jobs are highly competitive and there are many new grads looking for that job. Some new grads have to settle for jobs with midlevel salary and no benefits. If in NYC, you have no chance without a BSN minimum to get a hospital job and even then the slots for new grads are highly coveted and often offered to internal candidates first (PCT/CNA staff who graduate from nursing school while active employees with a great performance and attendance record)
- Jan 14 by loriangel14You already asked those questions. Pay will depend on where you are and where you work.. How well you live will depend on how you spend your money.