NICU technician Providence-metro areaRegister Today!
- by bre1 Dec 13, '11Does anybody know of hospitals in the Providence area that employ technicians in the nicu? Do they require previous training beyond CNA ? If your hospital has nicu techs, could you describe a bit what they do? Thanks.
- Dec 13, '11 by Ashley, PICU RNI don't work NICU, but I do work PICU. Our techs (CNA's) are responsible for restocking supplies, helping with changing and bathing, cleaning the beds/equipment after a discharge, setting up the room before an admission, assisting with feeding, helping pass supplies or hold the child during procedures or going to get supplies off the unit.
Our techs are wonderful. They know where everything is on the unit and just about every telephone extension by heart. Our unit couldn't run without them.
- Dec 13, '11 by RNOTODAYIn the NICU? No, they do not hire technicians.
- Dec 13, '11 by RNOTODAYin the providence area, that is... woman and infants, i assume where your trying to work? that is the only neaonatal intensive care unit kent county has a special care unit... but i dont think they hire techs either.... all RN staff is what I remember.....
- Dec 14, '11 by bostongrlYes, W&I hires NCAs (NICU Care Assistants). They stock, prepare formula as needed, set up rooms, assist RNs in feeding babies, cuddling, and a lot of other things. You need to be a RI CNA.