New Grad Expired BLSRegister Today!
- by newboy Dec 15, '09Still searching for my first RN job, however my BLS expired.. I'm currently looking for low-priced classes in my area (I'm in NYC, there's no such thing as a low-priced anything here lol). As of now, I can't afford a regular priced session. My question is. . . Can I still apply for jobs without being certified for now?
- 1,108 Views
- Dec 15, '09 by Emergency RNDoubtful, as most places consider it a part of your application (like your license, immunizations, passing math test, etc). There are websites that grant certification on line, but you'll have to pay for their certificate.
Maybe this link may help:
How to Get Free CPR Classes
- Dec 15, '09 by MeriwhenIf your ACLS was expired, I'd say "sure, you probably could." But BLS is crucial to have.
- Dec 15, '09 by classicdameGee, how much is a BLS class? We only charge $25. Also, be wary of things offered online. HCPro for instance will state their program is "based" on AHA standards, and probably is, but it is not THE SAME as AHA standards. AHA requires demonstration of skills (instructor or manikin). Call Educators in area hospitals. They may be able to offer advice. Be sure you get the Healthcare Provider, not anything else.
- Dec 15, '09 by caliotter3Just go ahead and get the certification in a timely manner. Then you won't have to deal with the problem, although you could probably be updated before any employer gets you in the hiring process. Good luck with your job search.
- Dec 15, '09 by goodstudentnowRNGo to a fire station and do your BLS class. It is awesome and cheap!