need to interview someone that is a phlebotomistRegister Today!
- by Felisha Mar 15, '10I need to interview a phlebotomist for my GRADD application. I'm trying to get GRADD to pay for my classs at Owensboro Communtiy and Technical College because Financial Aid will not.
- Mar 15, '10 by nrsnici was a phlebotomist for about 9 years until last july. i transitioned to my new nursing role at that point. i don't know if that helps, but i could certainly answer any questions you might have. i did training and held my ascp license at one point as well. if that can work for you, i would love to help
if that doesn't work, i hope you find what you're looking for :d
- Mar 15, '10 by C-MTL-1963what is ASCP
- Mar 15, '10 by C-MTL-1963can a nurse be a phlebotomist or it needs special training? and where?
- Mar 15, '10 by EmBeMapYes a nurse can be a phlebotomist with further training. My instructor was both a lab phlebotomist and an oncology nurse. ASCP is a certifying authority for phlebotomists. There are like 12 last time I looked. ASCP is a well know authority most places will hire you with their certification. Nurses and phlebotomists cross over in some situations but a phlebotomist is trained exclusively in collection and processing of specimens where as a nurse as a broad understanding of what is done and the clinical implications of the test results. It would be like being a car mechanic having to service a jet, while some of their knowledge is similiar the phlebotomist is the specialist in specimen collection.(ps I'm a phlebotomist going to nursing school (hoping for august 2010 entry).
- Mar 16, '10 by C-MTL-1963thanks for the answer.
next question i am in montreal canada is there somewhere i can study to be a phlebotomist.
see i love being a nurse but there are times where i would rather be a blood taker)