A Little Game: 10 Words or Less
- 0May 23, '08 by HisTreasureUse the letters of nursing to describe what nursing is to you. It can be silly, serious, sentimental, or quarky. Doesn't matter, just use your imagination! For example:
...for not taking their routine medications.
OK, admittedly that was a little weak, but it's 6:14 AM and I'm coming off of my second 12 hour night shift. You get the point. Let's have fun!
- 1May 23, '08 by yeSICUNot
Go .... Into the profession in the first place...
Sorry. I have had a month or two of a few choice coworkers that do "Too much critical thinking" to look at their patients as people or address family concerns. Makes me crazy!
- 2May 23, '08 by lvnsandiegoNurses are:
Respected by most
Inspired to help others
Never stop giving
Things I experience in a shift:
Never get to sit down until I clock out.
Running to pass meds on time,to answer the phone and call lights.
Smiling at my residents and coworkers.
I love and hate this place.
Need more staff and more time to get everything done.
Go home feeling exhausted, guilty for not doing more, pleased about what I did to make a residents life a little better.
- 1May 23, '08 by VivaLasViejas, ASN, RN GuideNeeding more resources
Unloved by administration
Running into obstacles
Sitting down is a luxury
I must've been insane when I chose this career
Not sure how much more I can take, but I'm still
Giving it all I've got.......and then some.
- 0May 23, '08 by locolorenzo22New to the profession
Understanding I know very little but the basics
Realizing what a honor it can be to care
Seeking some way to regain my lost sanity
Induring myself to wonderful preceptors
Nervous about having a "real" career
Going to give it all I got and kick butt!