A Little Game: 10 Words or LessRegister Today!
- by kiyasmom May 23, '08Use the letters of nursing to describe what nursing is to you. It can be silly, serious, sentimental, or quarky. Doesn't matter, just use your imagination! For example:
...for not taking their routine medications.
OK, admittedly that was a little weak, but it's 6:14 AM and I'm coming off of my second 12 hour night shift. You get the point. Let's have fun!
- May 23, '08 by yeSICUNot
Go .... Into the profession in the first place...
Sorry. I have had a month or two of a few choice coworkers that do "Too much critical thinking" to look at their patients as people or address family concerns. Makes me crazy!
- May 23, '08 by lvnsandiegoNurses are:
Respected by most
Inspired to help others
Never stop giving
Things I experience in a shift:
Never get to sit down until I clock out.
Running to pass meds on time,to answer the phone and call lights.
Smiling at my residents and coworkers.
I love and hate this place.
Need more staff and more time to get everything done.
Go home feeling exhausted, guilty for not doing more, pleased about what I did to make a residents life a little better.
- May 23, '08 by locolorenzo22New to the profession
Understanding I know very little but the basics
Realizing what a honor it can be to care
Seeking some way to regain my lost sanity
Induring myself to wonderful preceptors
Nervous about having a "real" career
Going to give it all I got and kick butt!
- May 23, '08 by rn2bn07New to the field
Under a lot of pressure
Rely on positive people
See a lot of codes
Intelligent nurses go far
Never disappointed in my decision of becoming a Nurse
Giving it all that I got
And that's real! Class of 2007 'RN' and keep on moving
- May 24, '08 by 2006RNCSNurturing
- May 24, '08 by pagandeva2000Nurturing
Grates my nerves sometimes
- May 24, '08 by worldqueenieneeded
under all conditions
regardless of the case
since we're trained to help
everywhere you go
it's the same thing
necessity of the job is
goodwill to manLast edit by worldqueenie on May 24, '08 : Reason: font didn't work????