Job Offers

  1. I am in a jam.
    The place where I want to work isn't going to be able to tell me if they can offer me a position for 2 weeks.

    This other place, that is #2 on my list, wants to know ASAP, once they've made the offer (I have to call and find out if there is definitely an offer).

    Should I accept there anyway?
    Because if I tell #2 no, and then #1 can't hire me, I won't have a job!

    What is the worst that could happen if I later say no to #2? I know plenty of people that will fill the position if I won't, so it's not like they're going to be in a bind.
    ?????
    •  
  2. 6 Comments

  3. by   hoolahan
    Say yes to #2 to ensure you have a job, then when/if #1 makes an offer, make your apologies to #2 and go with #1.
  4. by   sgavette
    I agree with hoolahan. Go ahead and accept the #2 job and then wait to see if #1 makes an offer. It is better to be safe than sorry.
  5. by   SICU Queen
    OR, you could call #1 and tell them you have another offer, and while you'd prefer to accept with them, you need a job and #2 is making an offer now. See what they say...
  6. by   4XNURSE
    I think (occasionally) I'd go with hoolahan's plan, then with SICU Queen's.

    You said there are plenty of people to take the position you don't, so nobody is going to be without someone to fill the position, right? You need a job. Take the job you can get first, thenGO for the one you want most.

    just my $ .02.

    ken
  7. by   MelissaCT
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

    I will let you know what happens!
  8. by   MelissaCT
    It took a lot longer than 2 weeks to find out.

    BUT today I got a job offer for labor and delivery!!!!

    Yeah!


    Now I can go to clinical happy again, instead of feeling like "why am I learning this, I won't get to use it at work."

    Now I have enthusiasm for learning again!

close