"International Association of Nurses" - is this legit? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jun 5, '12 by LinMariRN'WARNING...WILL ROBINSON...WARNING' !!!
These people hounded me for weeks. Their call display was a # sign followed by 5 numbers...very suspicous indeed. They would NOT give my husband any info. except that they need more information. When they finally got a hold of me they pretended to be interviewing me about my career...and then announced "CONGRATULATIONS !!! YOU have been accepted!" and then...the EGO flattering began. They promised me a glorious framed certificate...bonus numerous awards...discounts on every department store in North America ....bla...bla...bla... So the punch line is....they wanted $799.00 bucka roos NOW for a FULL page bio, and a monthly fee of $34.00 to maintain membership. I did not (pardon the pun) buy into this and so she offerd me a HALF page bio in the 'book' for only $400.00 a month plus monthly fee. No go for me...so then $199.00 for a quarter page + the $34.00. NOPE...well...then how about we WAIVE the hundreds of dollars fee and go with just the montly fee. HA HA HA !!! Finally...she said, rather abruptly..." well then we will at least list you name and qualifications. "So...what about the welcome package you were sending me?" "Sorry...you won't be getting the package or the benifits". When I hung up the phone I was feeling a mixtue of amusement,disgust and a bit 'Lost in Space'. So, there's my story and I am stickin' to it. I hope others find this helpful. This is a classic, cleverly planned with all the psychological ploys... SCAM !!!Last edit by LinMariRN on Jun 5, '12 : Reason: FORGOT SOMETHING
- Sep 11, '12 by SoldierNurse22Thanks to everyone who posted here. These folks almost got me. Were it not for the voices of my parents and grandfather in the back of my head, I would have foregone the online search for credibility and dropped hard-earned bucks on these losers!
- Oct 18, '12 by RNCardiac07Thank you guys so much for the input. I recently rec'd a letter of recognition and got a little excited, but I decided to do some research and found out this is NOT a legit company (if you can even call it that) and honestly all they want is money $$. Thanks again for the heads up!
- Jan 4 by nrsriaI just got the letter in the mail today, how can I possibly be a "top nurse" anywhere when I haven't worked in over 3 years? I knew something wasn't right and I'm glad I did my research before responding. Thank you to every one who posted about their experience with these leeches, so the rest of us don't have to fall for it!
- Jan 31 by tpaulInternational Nurses Association
This is a fraud and non organized association. please do not fall for the phone calls they make stating that you are being selected as the top nurse. which is absolutely a scam.
- May 15 by kellimacI am so glad I looked in this forum because I have been receiving frequent calls from these people and put them off saying I am in a hurry and can't talk now. I was suspicious to begin with and they told me I applied and I said I never heard of them then they stated my gmail address correctly-how they got it I don't know. This last time I asked them if it cost any money and they said there is a free option. I told them I am currently unemployed, disabled and broke-which is the truth- and they said they would call me back some other time. Now that I have read all these comments I will feel much better about telling them no or just not answer a number with no identification other than 5 numbers. Thank you so much to all.