I really need help!! I need to interview a informatics nurse. I had one to interview but after agreeing to do the interview by email, I can longer get in contact with her. I really hope she is okay, just really busy I guess. So are there any Informatics Nurses out there willing to help a nursing student out? If so, I will leave the questions at the bottom and any of you WONDERFUL, GRACIOUS, GREATEST Informatics nurses to leave your answers at your own time. Thanks!!!!
- What is your role within the organization?
- Where does your position fall within the organizational chart?
- What training and/or formal education did you have to prepare you for the role?
- Do you have any suggestions based on your experience for additional educational preparation?
- How do you incorporate the Standards for Nursing Informatics role definitions of telehealth, consumer education, clinical information management, project management, research, and education into your current role?
- Of the roles above, what one takes up the most of your time? Why?
- Of the roles, which do you wish you had more time to perform?
- Does your position description or evaluation follow the competencies for Nursing Informatics Specialists? Why or why not?