I was just laid off - page 6
*sigh* Doing away with the position - informatics.... Read More
Jun 20, '09And by the way---WHAT ARE KUDOS, ANYWAY?
Do I get a prize if I get a lot of them? Like a trip to Tahiti or something?
Jun 20, '09Kudos is just the new AN thanks.
I guess the thing with LTC is I really always felt terribly for the residents, esp. the ones who could have been cared for by family with relative ease. I hate to see people discarded. I've also seen cruelty and they need me around to protect them from impatient, ignorant folks.
Jun 20, '09Well, Sue, I was wondering when someone was going to get that avatar. Guess we can now start calling you Jackie Sue. Or do you prefer Sue Jackie?
Jun 20, '09Oh Sue, I know you from the other posts on the distance ed site.
I hate to hear this.
I am glad about the COBRA, my brother lost his job in Feb. and still hasn't been able to find one...thank goodness for COBRA, or his kids wouldn't be eating.
It just proves what I was telling others about nursing in this economy, it can happen to anybody...
Good luck and best wishes :redpinkhe
Jun 20, '09Quote from caliotter3Well, Sue, I was wondering when someone was going to get that avatar. Guess we can now start calling you Jackie Sue. Or do you prefer Sue Jackie?
Sue or Susan work fine. I just LOVE her and the show.
Jun 21, '09Quote from SuesquatchRNI haven't seen HawthoRNe. What turned you off?The biggest waste I've seen was HawthoRNe. I actually turned it off.
The previews looked a bit sophomoric to me.
Jun 21, '091. There are no Chief Nursing Officers. There are Directors of Nursing.
2. Petty and of no notice except to nurses, but the whiny murse RECAPPED A NEEDLE.
3. No nurse worth her salt would have given 16 u of regular insulin for a blood glucose of 226 no matter what the doctor said.
4. Most of us did not want to be doctors and don't spend pour days whining that we could have gone to medical school.
5. Nurses do not just carry out doctors' orders no matter how many times in that show whiny-butt murse moaned about it.
6. Security? In a hospital?
7. The DON in report? Doing actual hands-on patient care? Yeah, that happens.
8. People in report wasting time on cute paramedics and decrating committees? And nursey wursey wif widdle baby voice reporting that no one died?
9. Hand jobs as part of the thank you package for returning injured vets?
10. The nurse doesn't get to diagnose spinal bifida even when she recognizes it. She says, "Oh, poop" and calls a licensed mid-level or [physician who IS licensed to do that.
I am willing to forgive a lot to advance the story, but this really offended the **** out of me. Supernurse and everyone else. Bite me.
I don't know what happened after that because I turned it off.
Jun 21, '09That's why I don't really care to get interested in it. Will probably attempt to see an episode so I can come to the same conclusions, then move on. I like the history and discovery channels myself. For entertainment purposes, I watch the garbage on VH1. As much as I would like to see nurses on TV, I want to see them portrayed in a certain way and it seems like that will never happen.
Jun 22, '09I'm really feeling your pain with taking care of your parents. Glad, though, that things have worked out for you. I go home about once a month to help out with my parents - mom has Stage IV breast cancer (mets to bone, spine, liver and possibly the lungs). She has bowel/colon issues as well. I go as much for my daddy as my mom, he's with her so much of the time and he needs some breaks, too. Both my sisters are RNs, so they're well covered. We go to the MDs with them, they don't understand and they can't hear very well, either.
As for Hawthorne, my gripes were all the same as yours. Why, oh, why didn't they come to this board for their technical advisor????? Whoever they hired ought to be shot and Ms Pinkett-Smith should have done wayyyyy more research into this area.
Hugs and prayers!
Jun 22, '09Thanks, Cindy. Yeah, it's for my mom more than my dad. And I'm sorry your mother is so sick.