I tested positive for benzo and i do not take benzo help - page 3
by kendel 25,576 Views | 58 Comments
Hi Nurses, pleASE help...i did a urine drug test yesterday for a new job and tested positive for benzodiazepam...i have never taken that in my entire life and i dont do drugs of any kind. i am currently taking bactrim ds... Read More
- 0Jan 26, '11 by country momIf the test was being reviewed by a Certified Medical Review Officer, he/she would have contacted you as the donor initially before releasing results to the employer, and this would likely not be an issue. In a federal drug testing program, the CMRO contacts the donor first and makes a decision based on results of the donor interview. A split specimen is also collected, where the urine is poured into two different bottles, and the donor has a right to request retest of the second bottle. If chain of custody protocol was followed, you can contact the Medical Review Officer listed on your chain of custody form and request that the split specimen be tested.
- 0Quote from Doreen LPNDon't worry about it. We do rapid drug screens and occasionally get a false positive. Those are always sent off for confirmation. And they usually come back has negative.
thanks for the advice..........it wAS drug screening for preemployment the nurse told me to put the urine sample through a shoot in the bathroom and then she received it out side checked and then told me it was positive for benzo...i was completely puzzled because i am not on any medication except the bactrim as i stated before....but since she said she was going to send it to the lab and they will contact me if anything.....she read the results in a minute or 2 and then said i was positive.
i hope they test it further ...do u know how its tested? in the lab?
- 0Quote from steelcityrnAsk if they would repeat the test, and show them the article you have connecting bactrum ds with the positive test.
i am not sure that will help because its internet source and the pharmacist states differently....i just came from my dr office also and she said its a false positive and i should ask my employer for a retest...................
and guess what i signed up for some agency work and i have to do drug testing tomorrow now i am afraid TO TAKE THE ANTIBIOTICS FOR FEAR it may show up POSITIVE AGAIN even though the pharmacIST and doctor said otherwise. i thing i am going to hold off on my pill..i did not take the bactrim today and i wont take it until tomorrow after the drug test for this new agency i signed up with.
can u blame me?
- 0Quote from Butterfly0328I once had a drug test come back positive for hydrocodone. The values listed were ^50. Mine was 57. Had the value been below 50 it wouldn't have even been detected, that is how slight it was. I have not taken hydrocodone/lortab in over 5 years, however my partner DOES take it and I am the one who gets her medication for her, and I break them in half because she can't swallow large pills. The only thing I can think of is that after handling the meds I some how ingested the residual powder. Does anyone you know take this medication?
i work in a hospital and i handle pts meds but i wear gloves because most of the patients are on tube feeding and i have to crush the meds but i always wear gloves
- 0Jan 26, '11 by BabyLadyQuote from kendelI think you are freaking out over nothing.Hi Nurses,
pleASE help...i did a urine drug test yesterday for a new job and tested positive for benzodiazepam...i have never taken that in my entire life and i dont do drugs of any kind.
i am currently taking bactrim ds for a foot infection and thought that the antibiotcs has to be the cause. they told me the lab would call me and then ask me for the pharmacy info
i called the pharmacist today about the BACTRIM DS ALSO CALLED SULFAMETH/ TMP DS. HE SAID hes not aware of that causing a positive drug test.
i looked on the internet last night and found 1 article that states bactrim causes positive result for benzo
HELP I AM HURT BECAUSE I AM INNOCENT
First of all, drug testing is not in it's infancy..it is an exact science now and basic prescriptions, drug testing companies are WELL AWARE of what causes a false positive.
Nowhere in your post did you state that:
1. The employer nor the drug testing company called you with the results...you did not state how you got them.
2. That you were given the opportunity to provide a prescription list.
I have never, EVER heard of a drug screen testing positive, that would not permit you to hand over valid prescriptions and that is when the documentation is complete.
I deal with drug testing every day and very often it will appear on the lab results, "patient has a valid prescription for ______ which has been known to cause a false positive for ___________________".
Everyone is stating "get an attorney, etc."...NONE OF THAT IS GOING TO HELP YOU if you never turn over the prescriptions.
Seriously...DO YOU REALLY THINK that the physician and pharmacist know that it causes a false-positive...and that the drug testing company, who does nothing but drug testing...doesn't?
- 0Jan 26, '11 by kloneQuote from BabyLadyShe's not taking any prescriptions (except for an antibiotic). She has never taken any benzos. I.E. there are no scripts for her to turn over.Everyone is stating "get an attorney, etc."...NONE OF THAT IS GOING TO HELP YOU if you never turn over the prescriptions.
- 0Jan 26, '11 by BabyLadyQuote from kendelAnytime I have taken a drug test, the urine/blood has been labeled in front of me...I even sign the label so that it never leaves me sight when it is labeled.its possible it was switched but i dont know i remember there was no name on the bottle i i had to put it down a shoot that she retrieved