I hate ignorant people...Register Today!
This is a discussion on I hate ignorant people... in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... who don't really know what nursing is really about yet they make stupid remarks about nurses as if...by sarah620 Apr 30, '12who don't really know what nursing is really about yet they make stupid remarks about nurses as if they are true!
Ok, so I had lunch with a group of friends yesterday. My friend (who is also in nursing school) and I were talking about how demanding nursing program is because we were the only people who can understand each other at that table.
Then all of sudden this other friend barged in and said,
"Yeah, and after you graduate, you will be working UNDER so-and-so!! (who was also with us)"
I get when some people who don't know any better say that nurses work for doctors, even though this statement still makes me mad.
But this so-and-so is a CHILD COUNSELOR for crying out loud! She is not even PhD and still an intern, not to mention still not licensed!
What makes me even more mad is that the child counselor/intern friend was just smiling as if she's agreeing to what this nonsense my other friend was talking about!
I hate when some people think nurses are at the bottom of the ladder and everyone, including pharmacists, social workers, psychologists, etc, is above nurses.
I should've told him something but I didn't want to sound angry and frustrated. I'm actually regretting that I didn't tell him the right thing. Although my other friend said what he said was actually not true, i dont think he understood...I know that nursing is not the most glamorous job but I really wish people just SHUT UP when they dont know sh#$%. I'm just upset and had to vent this somewhere...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=704710©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,928 Views
- Apr 30, '12 by BelleMorteRNBetter that you didn't say anything, so not to sound stupid like that person!
- Apr 30, '12 by flexisealNo one but fellow nurses really understand what we do or what responsibilities (everything) we take on at work.
- Apr 30, '12 by amoLuciaYou know what they say about empty barrels...! Just consider the source. (Boy, am I full of cliches but I think they fit!)
- Apr 30, '12 by anotheroneLol. No one understands, for the most part, unless he/she is also a nurse. No one gets it what the hospital hiearchy is like and they do not want to hear it. lol. for the most part everyone is at the bottom then administration is at the very top. with management in the middle.
- Apr 30, '12 by workingharderCareful with that word "hate". You'll open up a whole 'nother can of worms.
- May 1, '12 by GitanoRNi have one thing to say "ignorance is a bliss" when it comes to those who speak up without knowing~
- May 1, '12 by chaka_1709It is annoying. I can't blame them though. In pretty much every medical tv show, doctors are the main characters and you rarely ever see nurses. A couple of my friends and family have asked why I didn't become a doctors...ugh because I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be a nurse.
- May 1, '12 by cndn_grl08Quote from chaka_1709I get that ALL the time. When I was finishing high school and planning to go to Nursing School, everyone said "If you're gonna be a nurse, why not just be a doctor, they make more money!". That's great, I don't care about money, I don't want to be a doctor....Makes me angry but it helps to think about how much we get to help people in need. Even when others don't realize how much we do for people, the fact that I know it makes it better.It is annoying. I can't blame them though. In pretty much every medical tv show, doctors are the main characters and you rarely ever see nurses. A couple of my friends and family have asked why I didn't become a doctors...ugh because I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be a nurse.
- May 1, '12 by JerseyBSNYou hit the nail on the head.