Well, one of the schools that Iv'e applied to for nursing accepted me!!! :hatparty: I got my acceptence letter in the mail yesterday and jumped up and down around my apartment (I think I really freaked my pug out!) I was just thrilled, seeing that the acceptence rate was only around 17% for that school! The other one that I applied to doesn't send letters out till May. So here's my dilemma; maybe you all can offer some good advice. The school I got accepted to is a hospital diploma program, I believe its NCLEX pass rate is 92%, it's a small personal school that offers a lot of attention, and you can do the tuition reimbursment if you work for the hospital when you are out for 2 years. The down side is that it's in Cincinnati, which is fine, it's where I am from, but it's still cold there (I live in ARCTIC Chicago right now) and I feel like if I move back there I'm kind of "moving backwards" in my life. The other school is in sunny Florida, is also a small, private school, is an ADN program, but I don't know if the NCLEX is better or worse. I think it's about the same. It's just that I've been looking forward to a change of scenery, ya know, a fresh start, and I totally have that seasonal depression disorder. I figured Florida would be a good change for me. But, I won't know if I am accepted there till May. But, if the school in Cincinnati is better per say, I guess I should probably go for that one right? :uhoh21: Ahhhh! I think I am confusing myself. I have to send a deposit to the cincinnati school by april 15th to hold my place in the program. But, if I do that and then decide to go to Fla. I'm out 300$. Should I do that and then decide when I get my letter from the fla. school? What if I don't get in the the Fla. school? Should I move there anyway and finish up my pre-req's and then apply again? I am so sorry that this is abnormally long, I just need some advice! What should I really base this decision on? Thanks so much!!!
Apr 3, '06
Quote from Louisepug
Thanks for all the great advice!! :kiss I have decided to pay the 300 to reserve my spot, and am really leaning towards that school. I agree with what has been said about going where I am least stressed. Plus, the school in ohio does have a 10% higher NCLEX rate than the florida school. I think that says so much right there. Oh, and I did ask about credits transferring to BSN if I eventually want that, and they do! Thanks again guys, and best of luck to all of you!
I was just reading your posts from two years ago. How did everything go? I just got accepted at the same school you are talking about, and I wondered if you might PM me and let me know how it all went? I'm accepted into the first class at this college that is no longe diploma, because they got their college program officially endorsed now (or whatever they needed to do to make it a "college" and not diploma). I spoke to one student who recently graduated from there under the diploma program, and she said it wasn't going to be so much different, just a couple more classes you had to take. She loved the program, how about you??
Last edit by Hoosiernurse on Apr 3, '06