How much do you make? - page 51

U.S. Navy RN 16 yrs Clinic Manager $6,800.00 month Moonlighting job: RN 16... Read More

  1. by   nursetobe-babe
    This is insane!!!! Most of you nurses are making between 15$-25$?!?!?!?!
    My HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUT 19 yr old friend makes 20$ an hour working full time.
    Who is responsible for nurses pathetic pay?
    I will graduate in 2008... will things be bette then?
  2. by   CRHSrn
    CCU - RN - Charge nurse

    2yrs experience

    $30+ / hr
  3. by   Cynthiann
    Originally posted by nursetobe-babe
    This is insane!!!! Most of you nurses are making between 15$-25$?!?!?!?!
    My HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUT 19 yr old friend makes 20$ an hour working full time.
    Who is responsible for nurses pathetic pay?
    I will graduate in 2008... will things be bette then?
    You're from Ontario so you need to exchange currency because the majority of us are from the US. I looked it up and US $15-25 is equal to Canadian $22-37.
  4. by   Geeg
    1. RN
    2. 17 YEARS
    3. AGENCY ICU
    4. $40.00/HR
  5. by   EricaCCRN
    Rn
    5 yrs
    Critical Care
    $38 days/$39 nights as AGENCY nurse (no benefits) last staff job was $18.96
    Pittsburgh
  6. by   sheric
    1. RN
    2. MED-SURGE
    3. $20.00/HR, $2.25 SHIFT DIFF NIGHTS, PLUS $2.75/HR W/E DIFF
    PLUS $7.00/ HR FOR WORKING ONLY WEEKENDS
    4. SAT- SUN 7A-7P
    5. FULLTIME BENEFITS
    THIS IS IN THE ATLANTA AREA
    6. 4YRS A NURSE IN SEPTEMBER
  7. by   JNJ
    I easily believe the 92K Texas Children's posting. Ten years ago I made $42 (3 x 12 hour nights, with chemo. cert, peds and 20 yrs experience in a speciality hospital in LA.

    Now:
    Independent Contractor RN for CA Medi-Cal:
    30 years in nursing.
    $31.94 per hour ($35.77 case management)
    Plan my own schedule, days, early evenings up to 42 hours per week.
  8. by   MrsK1223
    1.Position held.(RN,LVN/LPN)- RN
    2.Years as a nurse.- 2 yrs
    3.Area of work.(M/S,ER,LTC,etc.)-dermatology
    4.Current hourly wage.- embarassing 13.50/hr (i just gave notice)
    This should be interesting. Thanks.


    Now work for GI Lab making $16.48/hr Mon-Fri, no holidays. Works for me with a child. Home when he is out of school during the week....I have to get up anyway to get him to school, mind as well get ready and go make some money. Although, 3 12 hour shifts is sounding good tooooooo.
  9. by   nursetobe-babe
    Originally posted by Cynthiann
    You're from Ontario so you need to exchange currency because the majority of us are from the US. I looked it up and US $15-25 is equal to Canadian $22-37.
    new nurses here start around $21, and top of the paychart after 9 years is about $32... that's still not alot considering that there are alot of jobs out there you can get for about $20 per/h while still in high school...
  10. by   Cynthiann
    Originally posted by nursetobe-babe
    new nurses here start around $21, and top of the paychart after 9 years is about $32... that's still not alot considering that there are alot of jobs out there you can get for about $20 per/h while still in high school...
    Wow, $20/hr with no college education. I'm lucky to find anything $10 and up (still in college right now). I once found a job paying $10 but it was only part time.
  11. by   nursetobe-babe
    Originally posted by Cynthiann
    Wow, $20/hr with no college education. I'm lucky to find anything $10 and up (still in college right now). I once found a job paying $10 but it was only part time.
    oh yeah... i know alot of people making $20 with no college edu
  12. by   veetach
    1. RN
    2. 9 years
    3. ER and ER charge nurse
    4. $27.20/hr for night shift
  13. by   veetach
    Oh I forgot, when I signed a 3 yr contract in 2001, I got a $15,000 bonus. Who said PA nurses dont get good pay???

close