How much do you make? - page 47
U.S. Navy RN 16 yrs Clinic Manager $6,800.00 month Moonlighting job: RN 16... Read More
Jan 11, '03Originally posted by moonrose2u
wow! you are doing quite well for yourself..but what is the cost of living there?
~SallyLast edit by Sally_ICURN on Jan 11, '03
Jan 11, '03Originally posted by Cardiolo
Are you in Northern or Southern CA?
Jan 11, '03travel nurse -- RN only Crit Care -- 5 to 6 days a week with 2 weeks off for vacations about $92000 to $115000 a year
Jan 11, '03Wow.. 5-6 days a week in critical care12 hour shifts?? I am truly spent working 3 12 hour shifts in telemetry per week... we are so super busy that for real we hardly have time to empty our bladders...wow... you go girl...with the sicker patients today and the in patients being such high acuity a full 12 hour shift is very physical as well and I get burnt out after 3 in a row...
Jan 11, '03I've been an LPN for 25 years. Work Med/surg in a hospital in central Indiana. Make 17.84 base with 2.00 shift diff and 20% weekend and holiday pay. OK benefits. Do recieve bonus for extra shifts. Finishing RN program and will go with the highest bidder. Why doesn't any one ever say that doctors go into their field not for the money?!!!!!
Feb 13, '03Any New Mexico nurses out there. I want to relocate to Santa Fe, How much an hour do you make?
Feb 13, '03All:
- It's not how much you make, but if you are truly happy with your current profession. Reason why I am looking to make the switch to nursing.
- FYI, here is my salary. I have BS-AppliedMath, BS-Comp Sci, and MS-Comp Sci.
- Current job (Java software engineer) US$85K/yr . (40 hour week).
- With Hewlett-Packard (before the layoffs) I was working 60+ hours per week travelling all over USA teaching computer science courses to their clients. That paid around US$150K/yr.
- I definitely enjoyed the traveling part of the Hewlett-Packard job. Was fun getting to go to a new place every week or two. But, now I am consigned to the cubicle/box life, which seems to the be the future of my career in the computer industry.
Yeah, it pays the bills. But good God do I feel like one of those caged puppies at the pet store. Can't wait to get out of the cage/box/cubicle.
(firstname.lastname@example.org)Last edit by SirJohnny on Feb 13, '03
Feb 13, '03LPN - Pediatric Urgent Care $17.50 per hour weekdays - $21.50 per hour weekends. I've been an LPN for 9 years.
Feb 13, '031.Position held. TX LVN2
2.Years as a nurse. 13
3.Area of work. Float Pool
4.Current hourly wage. $22 (Base pay of $19/hr $3 night diff) $2 more if I work weekends which I'm all for "show me the money!"
Feb 13, '03Calling all nurses! Just a quick poll.Please tell us your:
1.Position held.(RN,LVN/LPN)- RN
2.Years as a nurse.- 2 yrs
3.Area of work.(M/S,ER,LTC,etc.)-dermatology
4.Current hourly wage.- embarassing 13.50/hr (i just gave notice)
This should be interesting. Thanks.