How many hours do nurses work in a week?
- 0Jun 27, '05 by Princess74How many days/hours do you work per week. For those of you who work in a hospital do you have to work a lot of weekends?
- 0Jun 27, '05 by nurse_suzanI work 3 12 hour shifts a week. I have to work 1 weekend a month (3 nights), and since I work nights, my weekend consists of Friday & Saturday (sunday night is not concidered a weekend night) and another Friday or Saturday night that month. My shift is 4p to 4a, which I LOVE!!!
- 0Jun 27, '05 by JVanRNI generally work 36 (3 12's) with incidental overtime from meetings and such. I do overtime once in a while. But for the most part we are well staffed and overtime is discouraged and not necessary. (our census is down right now too) But when census is up...we can work overtime if needed.
- 0Jun 27, '05 by BETSRNQuote from Princess74We went to 35 hours/week for full time benefits. For me personally, that's 2 weeks of 32 hours, one 36 hour week and the other is a 40 hour week every month. MY 32 and 40 hour weeks are regular work days and my 36 hour week is the week that I teach a breastfeeding class.How many days/hours do you work per week. For those of you who work in a hospital do you have to work a lot of weekends?
At my place, we work every other weekend and alternate the eve and the day of major holidays. If we work a holiday (like July 4) one tear, we are off the next year, etc.
- 0Jun 27, '05 by mom and nurseIn a week, I work five 8-hour days: 7 - 3:30 (or evenings 3 - 11:30, I alternate one week of days, one week of evenings). I work every other weekend. Usually my 8 hours on the day shift can easily stretch to 9 hours a day..... I prefer the evening shift..... Our facility allows us to self schedule which is a major reason I stay......
- 0Jun 27, '05 by stidget99I too work 3-12 hour shifts per week. However, by the time you consider report time...that 36 hours generally ends up to average right around 40 hours/week.
I also work the "weekender" program. I work every weekend (Sat and Sun) in exchange for an added bonus of $5/hour for all weekend hours worked. I get every 8th weekend off.
- 0Jun 27, '05 by bargainhoundQuote from PeachyOrthoRNHa! Ha! How about how many hours do we work in a day?!!I work 4 night/wk, and right now I have such a flexible schedule that I my weekends probably work out to every other. In the fall though I come off weekends except every other Friday night.
No relief....you have to stay until management finds someone....this was
a major Monday schedule nightmare.....no relief for RN or tech....both wound up
staying until 930 am...were due to get off work at 0715 after 12 hours work....I had
even been there an hour earlier for unit orientation (agency help)......happens