How far is your commute and how offten do you work? - page 3
I have a custody issue that I'm dealing with so I'm unable to move our daughter out of the county. I know nursing jobs are hard to come by so i was thinking if I had to I would commute from Los angeles to san diego for work. I... Read More
- 1Dec 30, '12 by LaboratorianQuote from thecool1Nscrubs2noI know most hotels in my city do offer this or have a running agreement with local hospitals.That's a good idea with the hotel, and for three days a week you can do it. I would opt for a hotel or something like the extended stay ones that sorta look like an apt( cheaper than some of the big chain hotels). Also talk with the manager on duty or head desk clerk at the hotel many don't mind working with nurses, you might even luck up with a discount.
- 0Dec 30, '12 by evieincoI've been a nurse for almost a year, currently work in rehab at an LTC facility. My work is only 3 miles away from my home. That will all be changing in the next four weeks. I accepted a night position at a hospital that is 50 miles away. So my round trip will be 100 miles, 3 x a week. It's all highway, and takes about 45 -50 minutes one way, no traffic, but snow could cause a problem. I know they close the highway down at lease a few times a year but hoping I won't be working when it happens. If it does, then I'll deal with it then.
- 0Dec 30, '12 by mmc51264For 6 months now I drive 53 miles each way 5 days a week. I don't mind the drive, I work 3-11, so I never have to worry about traffic. I just hate having to get kids up and the gas, especially this past summer (I live in NC-it gets HOT here LOL) I have a part time job doing supervisory visits for a home health agency, so I spend a lot of time in the car. Eventually, I hope to get a job closer. There are 2 good hospitals 25-30 min,, but I have to get that magic one year experience to be considered (graduated May 2012).
- 0Dec 30, '12 by ExPharmaGirlQuote from pnkgirl25I'm a new grad in San Diego and there really aren't any jobs down here. If something doesn't happen soon I was thinking about trying to find work in LA and commuting. I did interview for a great job that I really really want, so I'm hoping that it doesn't come to that.I have a custody issue that I'm dealing with so I'm unable to move our daughter out of the county. I know nursing jobs are hard to come by so i was thinking if I had to I would commute from Los angeles to san diego for work. I figure I only work 3 days a week so it can't be that bad....right?
For housing i would either rent a cheap hotel or look into area hostiles. It owuld only be short term...maybe a year until I can work out a better custody arrangment or get my one year of experiance and move closer to home.
Do you have something lined up down here?
- 0Dec 30, '12 by pnkgirl25Quote from FlyingScotNo, the three days that I would try to work would be the three days that I don't have her that way the 4 days I do have her will be just her and me time. No work needed.Is being away from home 3 days (or nights) a week going to have a negative affect on your custody issues? I can see this possibly turning ugly and being used against you.