How do you reward yourself after a tough shift? - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 10 by CHAVNYbacon for breakfast--like a whole pig's worth
read allnurses and either have a good laugh or good cry or both
and pedicures, really pampery pedicure---i am still looking for a place with tiny fish to exfoliate.....
- Apr 10 by wannabecnlHad 3 hours of critical overtime with a really sick post-op and knew it would mean a nice boost to my paycheck. I got my first pedicure in at least 2 years at a wonderful spa I had never been to before! For regular days (crazy but no O/T) I have a soak in my ancient hot tub, with or without my husband. I try not to violate HIPAA, and he tries not to puke...
- Apr 10 by meeks_86Quote from hodgieRNYou know there's always the option to self catheterizeI lay in bed and do absolutely nothing. I get to a point where I actually debate if I should get up and go pee or just wait, because that would include getting out of bed....and that just sounds like something I can do later.
I crave junk foods after my shifts (usually after evening shifts), sometimes clothes shopping, or just look forward to passing out! (Usually no energy to even shower)Last edit by meeks_86 on Apr 10 : Reason: add
- Apr 10 by Enthused RNMy preferred poisons are Wild Vines merlot (usually about $3 at the grocery store) or a bottle of Mikes Hard black cherry lemonade. I drink these while reading Facebook or going through Pinterest. Works like a charm every time ... even when I don't have a hard shift at my internship!
- Apr 10 by beckster_01^^ I have totally wished that I had a cath set at home on several occasions. The mere thought of dragging myself out of bed ALL the bay to the bathroom is just unbearable sometimes. But usually not too big of a problem since I always end up super dehydrated after a rough shift.
But as for the original question, Starbucks. Always Starbucks. And we have the best grocery store with a great bakery (Wegmans for you Northeasterners). I'll grab myself a mini peanut butter cream pie, or chocolate cake, or cookies, or something equally delicious. And Starbucks
- Apr 10 by eatmysoxRNA shower with someone special (or he doesn't have to be special... Depends on how bad the night was). If I decide to go solo, Soft pajamas and a glass of crown. In my bed.
It doesn't even have to have been a bad night for that though. As much as I despise it - YOLO (you only live once). I only drink after I work and on my days off. Haha.
- Apr 11 by pandora72Grey Goose and a bubble bath!