Hospital Beep Syndrome - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 19, '12 by P_RNI've been retired quite a while now. A couple of weeks ago in Walmart I heard Code 3 domestics.......I slapped the imaginary beeper at my waist and started at a fast walk to domestics.....after a few steps it sank in....looking around I saw several other nurses blushing whole doing the same thing. "Persistence of Memory?"
- Aug 19, '12 by JaselIt's bed alarms for me. Especially if I'm on a unit that has a lot of pysch patients with bed/chair alarms. It only seems to happen when I work nights though. I usually come home and plop in front of the computer for a couple of hours but for most if it I keep hearing bed alarms -_- After I sleep though it's done.
- Aug 19, '12 by ms-feelgoodI don't really get any call lights going off in my head unless I've worked many days in a row, but after work I just can't stand any excess noise...
- Aug 19, '12 by turnforthenurseRNI hear those lovely call bells, ventilator/BiPAP alarms, IV beeps and tele alarms in my head after coming home from work. OP, you're not alone!
- Aug 19, '12 by rsmith84Quote from tokmomI laughed until I almost peed reading this! A cartoon started in my head! It's still going too...Where I am shell shocked is the word "Code". I have a grocery store nearby that has a Code 26. I have no idea what the hell that is, but when I hear the over head come on, and say that word, it's all I can do to refrain myself from jumping on some poor soul and starting CPR.