Happy Nurses Week
- 9May 7, '12 by GitanoRN Guidehere are a few quotes that i saw recently on a couple of t-shirts that patients were sporting today...and i felt the need to share them with all of you...
happy nurses week~
“doctors diagnose, but nurses care”
definition of a nurse,
"to go above and beyond the call of duty. the first to work and the last to leave. the heart and soul of caring. a unique soul who will pass thru your life for a minute and impact it for an eternity. an empowered individual whom you may meet for only
12 hour period, but who will put you and yours above theirs"
- 5,203 Visits
- 0May 7, '12 by chevyvMo mother gave me a card which I took to work yesterday and kept out for all of us. It was the only mention other than a memo announcing a cookie and juice for nurses with a time and no date. Turns out it's scheduled for the 9th. So sorry to have to miss the Kool Aid and cookieLast edit by chevyv on May 7, '12
- 1May 7, '12 by NutmeggeRNSo today, I left one job a few min early to get to a mandatory staff meeting where I do perdiem. Skipped lunch thinking there night be some treats for nurses week.....silly me....we got the low down on changes/staffing all based on a resident/family complaint (somewhat justified but also questionable as the residents adult child was formerly employed by the facility and appears to have some negative energy as far as the parents care is concerned-whole other story)....
Bottom line there are at least 10 nurses in the room and the adminstrator (not so affectionatly called "Miss I am NOT a nurse) spews out for an hour and not one mention of Nurses Week..... maybe we are not worthy.....
- 0May 7, '12 by GitanoRN GuideQuote from nhnursiei apologize for the lack of judgement and sensitivity on your administrator's behalf. however, i have encountered in the past administrations and upper management which such demeanor in order to justify not giving a salary raise or a simple "thank you" they always find the dark side of the coin. therefore, i would like to say that you and your colleagues are more than worthy to be commendable, for the work you do throughout the year...happy nurses week, as i send you and the rest of the staff a big warm hug from across the miles... aloha~
bottom line there are at least 10 nurses in the room and the adminstrator (not so affectionatly called "miss i am not a nurse) spews out for an hour and not one mention of nurses week..... maybe we are not worthy.....
- 3May 7, '12 by LuckyyouFYI, free Cinnabon with nurse ID this week! Also, The Melting Pot (in my area at least) has a great four course dinner with wine included for $35 a person, and they gave me chocolate covered strawberries after dessert "for all you do"!