Happy Birthday, Florence Nightingale
- 5May 12, '10 by sirI AdminMay 12, 1820
Happy Birthday, Miss Nightingale!
- I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully.
- I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug.
- I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.
- With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician, in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.
- 1,212 Visits
- 0May 12, '10 by dscrnHappy birthday to Flo..today is also Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency (some believe that Flo had it), and Fibromyalgia awareness day. To all nurses dealing with CFIDS and FMS, trying to remain working, caring for their families, all the while experiencing a myriad of health problems, I salute you!
- 1May 12, '10 by _quarks_RN_Quote from OtessaLighting of the lamp is still practiced at the Philippines. It is done together with badge pinning for male and Capping for females. It marks the transition/promotion from being an ordinary college student to a NURSING STUDENT (STUDENT NURSE).I remember our Florence Nightingale tribute/ceremony and lighting of the lamp before we graduated from nursing college. Very touching as I remember this from nearly 2 decades ago.
Happy Birthday Florence Nightingale!!