Good hand lotion?
- 0Jan 24, '11 by Quark09My hands are so cracked and chapped from constant handwashing it's ridiculous. I've tried Eucerin, vaseline, Nivea, Gold Bond; basically the entire Walmart selection. Does anyone have anything that works particularly well? I'm prepared to order off the internet if need be!
- 1Jan 24, '11 by aakrnI know exactly how you feel and for the first year of my 10 years of nursing I finally came across MaryKay Satin Hands. It was a christmas present and wow its amazing! Also Vasline Intensive Healing Hand cream works very well...I too have tried many! Good luck!
- 1Jan 24, '11 by MaryAnn_RNNeutrogena hand cream is very good for dry cracked skin
Hope you find something that suits
- 0Jan 24, '11 by WannabeNurse(:While I'm not a nurse yet and won't be for a while, I do have very dry hands, and my doctor recommended Aquaphor. It's more of an ointment than a lotion but if you slab it on before you go to bed and put gloves over it, in the morning your hands will look much better.
They sell a big tub of Aquaphor which you could use at home and little tubes for on the go.
Hope that was able to help!
- 1Jan 24, '11 by RuthfarmerAveeno Intense Relief Repair Cream works well for dryness. Zim's Crack Cream helps heal cracked areas.
Paraffin manicures helped me so much that I bought a paraffin warmer to use at home.Last edit by Ruthfarmer on Jan 24, '11 : Reason: clarification
- 1Jan 24, '11 by kanzi monkeyBurt's Bees
They have a Shea butter "hand repair" cream that comes in a purple tube. It smells kind of funny, but after awhile you associate that smell with wonderful feeling hands. It's really only once a day--it sort of fills in all the dry painful cracks in hands/wrist. Then I can use any other lotion throughout the day (if it's REALLY dry, otherwise no need) and my hands feel--well, normal.
I just put it on and felt soothed.
- 0Jan 24, '11 by lynnintnI used to use Burts Bees but am now a fan of Palmers Concentrated Cream for less than $3.00 at Walmart or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream for @ $7.00 at Walmart. The Palmers smells like cocoa and I love it-the Palmers Lip Butter is also great and tastes good enough to eat.