Full Circle, my First Year of Nursing - Page 9Register Today!
- Nov 9, '08 by hst01i really enjoyed reading your post.. actually im almost thru with my one year and i totally feel the same way although im not in a critical area, i do work on a medical unit which is a bit easier, is still feel like im ready to change careers! but im torn between sticking it out and waiting to see whats in store in the nursing world or to just really leave this job and find out if anything better is out there....
your post has made me feel like maybe i shouldnt be so hasty...thanks for sharing...
- Nov 19, '08 by superfryI loved your article I actually learned just this morning that I passed the NCLEX-RN so I'm so happy to say that I'm officially an RN. And it's great to come across your post since I'll start working as a health professional in a few months. I've read that there really are days that can really bring you down and even lead you to doubt if nursing is really for you, especially during the first 6 months. But I believe you, that it's really part of it, part of learning, and part of the process of becoming better nurses... and that there will also be happy days. Thank you for giving me a glimpse of what my first year might be like... I hope it will be as exciting and positive as yours and that I will also love it as you do All the best to you
- Nov 24, '08 by beautifulblairthanks for your post..it'snice to know that I'm not alone in my dilemma
- Nov 24, '08 by ShawanaThanks so much for this! I am planning on being a nurse and this was really helpful to read. You were really determined!
- Nov 29, '08 by RN2be....Thank you for your honest words! I loved how you said that you must have empathy to be a nurse and that you do not have to know everything,,,,who could anyways? I am taking my pre-reqs and hope to start an accelerated program next spring.
- Dec 31, '08 by Tammykay821Wow, thanks for the great post! I'm a recent grad and it's good to read an honest account of what to expect during that first year - or any year!
- Dec 31, '08 by candle1234Thanks for the great post - I am still in my first year of nursing, 10 months to be exact and I did what my educators told me would be best, I'm working on a med surg floor. I like the med surg floor the different things that come up I getting a lot of experience but I have not had my eval