Embarrasing illnesses - page 5
by GitanoRN Guide
generally speaking, i work in environment that caters mostly to male patients at least 96% of our patients are men. having said that, last summer one of my regular patients, you know the type i'm referring to, came in with a... Read More
- 4Feb 29, '12 by suannaQuote from nerdtonurse?Urban Legend- been aound in one form or another for 30years.Okay, I swear this one happened. Heard it from a friend of mine who was an EMT in Midtown Atlanta.
They pick up a guy who's in excruciating pain, his partner is with him. The patient has burns all around his anus.
They were letting a gerbil/hamster/some little critter run around "inside" for the thrill, via a habitrail tube. Well, the critter gets busy going way too far in the other direction, stops moving, presumably suffocated. Partner can't see him or feel him, so he flicks his Bic.
The poor dead hamster goes flying out as a little furry cannonball of fire. The guy had serious burns and had to go to Augusta.
And yes, my EMT friend reported them for cruelty to animals.
- 1Feb 29, '12 by suannaMy dear brother was admitted to my unit with "foreign object stuck in ..." . it was in the days when nursing care plans were written on the computer and before HIPPA, so EVERYONE was reading the entertaining details of my brothers "orifice excursion". It was a tough week at work for me and my brother.
- 0Feb 29, '12 by GuttercatQuote from grnteagrntea you're killing me with your posts here!oh, don't be like that. the old hoohah stories are pretty funny too. i really liked the one about the dentures stuck up in there. maybe you missed that one. i once had an old lady who came in and was found to have an intravaginal potato-- which had sprouted some. she had used it (or one of its many relatives) for years as a pessary, sort of an old-time remedy. if she hadn't forgotten this one for awhile, she'd probably be doing fine with it.
for the record, i've seen a bobby pin up a urethra (she said she "sat on it") and a long, long-forgotten tampon that was determined to be the source of the, um, problem. i've also heard of widely dilated urethras discovered in the course of infertility workup...yep, that's why she wasn't getting pregnant, and btw, seemed to spill a little urine every time she had sex.
- 1Feb 29, '12 by calinurse11I once saw a butt implant infection, probably 2 weeks post surgery and it wasnt pretty, had to be removed (one side at least, not sure if the patient had the implant replaced or had the other side removed)Last edit by calinurse11 on Feb 29, '12
- 0Mar 12, '12 by NF_eyenurse GuideMy friend was an ER tech when we were in nursing school. A guy came into the ER with a VERY LARGE, pink, vibrating... um.....foreign body. After it was removed, it was cleaned, then gift wrapped and left on the counter for my friend. They pulled this on a few people that morning at work. Gotta love you ER folks.
- 0Mar 12, '12 by Twinmom06Quote from nursefrancesoh that's just WRONG!!! ROFL!My friend was an ER tech when we were in nursing school. A guy came into the ER with a VERY LARGE, pink, vibrating... um.....foreign body. After it was removed, it was cleaned, then gift wrapped and left on the counter for my friend. They pulled this on a few people that morning at work. Gotta love you ER folks.