EEG Tech and NursingRegister Today!
This is a discussion on EEG Tech and Nursing in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... is there a particular nursing specialty that would be complimented by experience as an EEG tech? I...by feralnostalgia Jun 9, '09is there a particular nursing specialty that would be complimented by experience as an EEG tech? I just applied for an open EEG tech position at a local hospital, and I'm in nursing school, so I'm wondering if there's any crossover between the fields. either way I find neurology and EEGs completely fascinating and read about it in my spare time anyway, so I'm happy and hope I get the job, but if it could compliment my nursing practice that would be awesome. thoughts?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=399013©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jun 9, '09 by ello7You could find a job in a neurologist's office, or work in a neuro unit in a hospital. I work in a neuro ICU, and we do continuous EEG monitoring occasionally.
- Jun 9, '09 by feralnostalgiaQuote from ello7what's it like? neurology was my favorite part of A&P, I actually find the individual cells amazing on top of finding the brain fascinating for completely different reasons. are ICUs a lot higher stress? my dad has atrial fibrillation and sleep apnea and is going into the local sleep center for a night of observation here soon, and I'm thinking I may go with him and ask if I could observe. (by complete chance it's the same unit I just applied for a tech position with, so maybe I could meet the manager or something? inshallah...)You could find a job in a neurologist's office, or work in a neuro unit in a hospital. I work in a neuro ICU, and we do continuous EEG monitoring occasionally.
- Jun 10, '09 by JessiekRNI work on a seizure floor (when I'm not on my regular ortho floor). Every patient is on continuous EEG monitoring. I'm always running around trying to track down the techs.. it would be great if I knew how to do their job!
- Jun 10, '09 by sunray12I know someone who is a sleep disorders NP so maybe if you get EEG training you can use that as a basis for an advanced practice nursing specialty. However I wouldn't want to be a floor nurse responsible for double duty as a EEG tech - that sounds too grueling.
- Jun 11, '09 by TonyapateI am a EKG tech and going to school as well
- Aug 19, '12 by FutureTechI'm on the waiting list for a LPN program, so I desided to try Neurodiagnostic (EEG). Harcum College has this program online and I can get a degree. This college is located in PA.