Day One in the Life of a Nursing Student - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 7, '09 by longbow.shellyQuote from WhisperaRIGHT ON! Humor IS the best medicine! This is the kind of humor that can HEAL! I love it!I really enjoyed your story and remember my first days. One question though (asked with a smile).... you said "I rose like a phoenix from the asses." --was that a typo or intended? Either way it fit!
- Jan 7, '09 by Mommy_of_3_in_AL..RNLOL..sounds like you got a lot of good experience though..one of my first clinicals, i was assigned to the OR, which i was psyched about. I was assigned to the urology team, and saw some circumcisions, bladder tacs..then the ultimate..a penile prosthesis removal..pretty interesting. The most interesting part...they forgot to clamp the saline filled little tube that runs the length of the penis. When they cut, me, being at the foot of the bed, on a stool for a better view, got shot..by a penile PROSTHESIS!!!!
- Jan 7, '09 by longbow.shellyDear MachoNurse2b,
Thanks so much for your post! I am a 36 y.o. mom of 2 (toddler and infant) and only recently decided that I want to pursue nursing, after thinking about it for some time. I am looking at doing the accelerated program (13 mo.) for the BSN, since I have an unrelated undergraduate degree which I don't use. I feel so grateful to have read about your first day. I have been pouring through this site for a while now trying to get an idea of what this world is like, ever since I chose my prereq courses for this month. Yours has been the first I have seen so far which gives me some idea of what I have in store for myself when I get past my prereqs, accepted and into the daily grind of learning the actual nursing. Thanks a gazillion and keep it coming! :applause:
- Jan 7, '09 by opeyemiyour story is fantastic,marvellous.i also remeber my 1st day which is also simillar.thks to God dats everythg is getting better&good.NURSING IS LOVING.
- Jan 7, '09 by PatsFan1969Great story, I loved it. I can completely relate to the walking in and back out of the room. Best of luck to you, sounds like you have the right attitude to get it done!
- Jan 7, '09 by BumashesOh man, I know what you were feeling. The first day is the worst, especially for those not accustomed to things like that. Cold water dunk! Always remember to just ask as many questions as possible. If the person you ask gets an attitude, then move on and ask someone else. Absorb everything you can while in school cuz it just gets crazier and crazier!
- Jan 8, '09 by cardschicarnThis is great and now I am even more scared to death to start nursing school!!! I thought your story was hilarious-- keep em coming!!
Nursing students have to stick together.
- Jan 8, '09 by Purple_ScrubsWow, that really brought me back to my own first day! You are a gifted writer!
- Jan 8, '09 by Deb Laf111Lol, enjoyed the information and the humor. Hope to see more like this. I'm excited about nursing school. I have not started yet, but just took my hesi test and feel confident that I'll get in.