contrast study in CT scanRegister Today!
- by ms.greyrn Jan 25I just want to know if others do skin/allergy testing before doing a contrast study in CT scan even if a hypoallergenic/non-ionic contrast agent will be used?
- 531 Views
- Jan 25 by xoemmylouoxWe don't do anything unless they have a known allergy.
- Jan 25 by That GuyWhy would you?
- Jan 25 by AltraAs with your other post regarding allergy testing prior to giving antibiotics, it would appear that some practices in your country are significantly different from common practice in the U.S.
We do use a protocol with inpatients with documented allergy to iodides who need a non-emergent CT scan - it's a 16-hour regimen of pre-medication with steroids and diphenhydramine prior to the scan.
- Jan 26 by nrsang97No we do not. We do the same thing Altra does except it is a 13 hour protocol instead with the same meds.