Calcium deposits in the stomach?Register Today!
- by michelle126 Apr 18, '06I don't have too much info which probably won't help. A CNA asked me about this one. BIL has a history of heart disease, had an ablation done, pacer inserted and some other things done a few months ago?
Recently was in the hospital and they said he had "calcium in his stomach"
I have no clue what meds he was on, little more about his history.
Wouldn't the stomach acid break any calcium down (if he was taking a supplement) What does this mean?
Am I breaking the TOS? Just perplexed about this one?
- Apr 18, '06 by meownsmilePossibly a misunderstanding here. I wonder if she heard it right, or whoever thought they heard it heard it right.
- Apr 18, '06 by michelle126exactly what I was thinking!
- Apr 18, '06 by caroladybelleCould it be calcifications perhaps?
- Apr 18, '06 by mandanaI am constantly being driven nuts with stories like this - you don't know if what you're hearing is correct, you don't know exactly what people mean but they are asking you questions and you want to help without a clue what they were really told/what is actually going on and what not.
- Apr 18, '06 by gr8rnpjtWell, Tums are made with calcium...
- Apr 18, '06 by BittyBabyGrowerCould it be a bezoar?