anyone familiar with this?Register Today!
This is a discussion on anyone familiar with this? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Just got a mail-out flyer for a seminar covering "Nursing Documentation, Law and Ethics" from a...by okchug Aug 5, '11Just got a mail-out flyer for a seminar covering "Nursing Documentation, Law and Ethics" from a company called Healthcare Enrichment Institute. It sounds very interesting, gives 6 hrs CEU, and is inexpensive. The speaker is a Nurse Attorney. I checked out the website but it is very simple with no "about" section or affliations for this group. It just explains that they produce these educational conferences and such. In their "event" section, the ONLY things listed are the 2 seminars in September, also listed in the flyer- is that odd? shouldn't there be more events at least in this region?
Just wondering if anyone has attended a seminar put on by this company? Was is legit? If so, was it worth the time and $$.
Thanks for any feedback.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=601103©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 5, '11 by WhisperaI looked at their website. I'm kind of suspicious because it's so inexpensive. Most CEU courses cost more, or you can find them here and there for free. One question I'd ask is are their CEUs recognized by ANCC or by state boards of nursing? Anyone can say they give CEUs, and they can be just a sheet of paper that says you "attended" for so many hours. Sometimes they mean nothing.
- Aug 5, '11 by okchugThanks! In OK we are not required to do CE....but I think it's good to have anyway. the flyer states that the activity was approved by the Texas Nurses Association, but I will call and find out about the ANCC.
- Aug 5, '11 by Esme12I'd check with the attorney gemerals office in TX as well as the Better Business Bureau...I would also look up the speaker Author: Cathy White, RN, BSN, MSN, JD with the state board of nursing and lawyers first before I'd send any money. I'd also call the 1-800 number to see what I get. I'm a little sketchy....I'd be cautious.....
- Aug 5, '11 by WhisperaCathy White...such a generic name!
- Aug 5, '11 by okchugtrue...it just seems a little "off". BTW, my flyer lists Taralynn Mackay, BSN, JD as the speaker. Where did you find Cathy White? That makes it weirder.
Thanks for the suggestions
I'd like it to be legit because it sounds interesting and useful.
- Mar 11 by mksrni am way behind on this but i know Cathy White, RN, BSN, MSN, JD and she is the best speaker you can ever want to hear. if anyone gets a chance to go to yoneof her seminars - run, they are inexpensive and just the best, she knows nursing and law and just wants to help nurses not take their money.
- Mar 11 by mksrni am way behind on this but i know Cathy White, RN, BSN, MSN, JD and she is the best speaker you can ever want to hear. I have heard her on several occasions and never bored. they are inexpensive and just the best, she knows nursing and law and just wants to help nurses not take their money.