Allnurses.com history? - page 7
So... I've been paying attention lately to how long people have been hanging around on this BB and it's made me wonder. When did this BB start? Looks to me like the oldest member is (was) Rick. ... Read More
Jun 4, '03Signs You Picked the Wrong ISP
10. Their company logo: two tin cans and a length of string.
9. You check out their address, and it's a phone booth containing a Compaq portable and an acoustic coupler.
8. Their chief technical officer lives in a 10-foot-by-7-foot shack in the woods.
7. Their proud boast: "We've been on the Internet since it was CB radio."
6. Their promo materials use the words "information" and "superhighway" in the same sentence.
5. You order an SLIP/PPP connection, e-mail, and 2MB of server space for your personal Web site, and the voice on the other end of the phone asks, "Would you like fries with that?"
4. "As seen in Better Business Bureau special reports."
3. "Access speeds up to 9,600 bps in most areas."
2. They hawk both domain names and Rolexes on street corners.
1. They charge by the word.
Jun 4, '03Oops, sorry, I had copied this for the Joke Thread, must be that thread was closed to <sigh>
Jun 4, '03Very good site. I love coming home from school or work and reading it. Very informative. Everyone is sooo friendly!!
Thanks for a great site!!
Mar 5, '07FYI, I Just updated the history of allnurses.com in this post:
Mar 6, '07Brian, you have no idea what a godsend this site is to so many of us. Some of us have questions, some need emotional support from others who know how they feel, but my favorite thing to come here for is the debates. It is so interesting to hear other nurses' points of view. We all need eachother and I am extremely grateful to you. I only wish I had access to this site eleven years ago, the first time I went to nursing school. There were alot of questions that I wanted to ask in class but I felt that they were too stupid; I could have easily come here without thinking twice because no one would make me feel like an idiot. I do have one more question about the history of the site: how do you decide who is going to become a moderator?