2. 18 as RN, 5 as NA
3. North Central
5. not entirely
7. she's new, so the jury is still out
8. not really--very "corporate"
9. yes, but not very productive
10. yes--I love it
11. it's a written policy, but never used
12. erratically--sometimes I feel like I need a foley and a leg bag!
13. every weekend 7a-7p, and 2 evening shifts a week (my choice)
15. I would be pro-union if it were created for the purpose of improving patient care and working conditions for staff
16. tough question--I think it would be ethically difficult for me to strike as long as there were patients that required care. On the other hand, I think nursing has to do something to make administrators, legislators and the general public wake up and smell the coffee!
17. This is a great thread--glad someone took the time to ask these questions