After termination: A Great Update
- 78Oct 18, '11 by Traum-a-RamaHello All Nurses! I wanted to say something positive after seeking everyone's support following a wrongful termination. Thank you all for your kind words and steadfast support...
I also wanted to give hope to others who have found themselves a target for harrassment and horizontal violence. Although I spent some time feeling down and out, I refused to be a victim and looked at this experience as a blessing in disguise. This was not exactly a "safe" place to work, if you know what I mean.
My update? After closing an interview on Monday, I walked towards the exit and heard the unit manager tell her charge nurse, "Do I even have to interview someone else?" Human Resources called me on Wednesday morning to offer me the position! This job is at the hospital I always wanted to work, 15 minutes from home, and better pay and benefits!
Thanks again, allnurses! You guys rock!!! D
- 16Oct 18, '11 by SanukThe older I get the more I believe that everything happens for a reason. Call it God's plan or karma or what have you, certain bad things have to happen for the good to enter your life. I am very happy that you've found some good.
- 8Oct 18, '11 by nerdtonurse?When bad things have happened to me, I'm always able to look back at a later date and say, "gee, if that bad hadn't happened, then this wonderful thing couldn't have happened." Always. There's a plan and a purpose and a path...sometimes, I don't think I'm on the path, sometimes, I'm not even sure if I'm anywhere near the path or anyone who can say "path" -- but it's true.
- 5Oct 18, '11 by NocturneNrseFantastic!!! Wonderful!!! I TOO was fired abt a yr ago d/t those that were bullying me making false accusations that I COULD DISPROVE.. but still, i was let go. AND, I found myself happier OUT of that hell hole. YOU are so much better off!! I'm still trying to become more strong in dealing w/those bullies as they are everywhere.. but YAY for you!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!
- 5Oct 18, '11 by OCNRN63Quote from SanukOT, but I don't believe God/something else lets bad things happen to people for a "reason." Bad things just happen. I just don't think that philosophy squares with the parents of a child who died, the person who was just diagnosed with cancer, the person who was paralyzed in a crash with a drunk driver, etc.The older I get the more I believe that everything happens for a reason. Call it God's plan or karma or what have you, certain bad things have to happen for the good to enter your life. I am very happy that you've found some good.
OP, I am so glad things worked out for you!