3 things you wish someone would have told you, that you had to find out on your own.. - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 7, '12 by CuddleswithpuddlesOne random thing:
One *coughcoughme!* may mean very well but diluting Mucomyst PO into a whole glass of cranberry juice just means the patient will have to chug more liquid fart.
It is better to dilute it into a smaller amount of liquid that the patient can just tip back like a shot from the world's worst bartender.
- Aug 7, '12 by gsmeagle29181. If in an emergent situation and you don't know what to do...get out of the way!
2. Patient advocacy, pt advocacy, pt advocacy!
3. If you work in a teaching hospital like a do, and I'm a fairly new grad, you will be expected to teach the residents.
- Aug 7, '12 by MJB2010
- Aug 7, '12 by not.done.yetNever put that Dilaudid you intend to waste into your pocket thinking you will do it sometime before shift end. Unless you enjoy heading back up to work at 10 PM when you discover it still in there after you get home.
- Aug 7, '12 by jgr1001nurse1) Even if the dr is grumpy, ask clarification questions if you need to.
2) Don't stop learning. If you become stagnant, you become obsolete.
3) If a certain place offers you considerably more money than everywhere else, there is probably a reason and you may want to investigate further before accepting a position.
- Aug 7, '12 by dreameyes1#1 Not all your fellow co-workers and experienced Nurses mean you well.
#2 Yes it is ok to question even a Dr.order, because they may have overlooked something or the patient forgot to mention it to them.
#3 LABEL YOUR STETHOSCOPE !!!!!!IF SOMEONE BOOROWS IT BE SURE TO RETRIEVE IT WHEN THEY ARE DONE(I lost two good ones that way)
#4 FIND COMFORTABLE SHOES , YOUR FEET ,LEGS AND BACK WILL THANK YOU.
#5 REMEMBER...Even Nursing is Customer Service . that will go a long way.