Okee dokee...here's my list....
1. Hearing about some of the wild stuff they did 'back in the old days' is quite fun to hear, as long as it's not done as part of a 'back in MY day, we did it THUS and such way!' crotchety diatribe. Just as all of the 'old' ways of doing things in medicine are not always scary and archaic, the 'new' ways of doing things are not always silly and are worth learning sometimes.
2. Any tips you have to show me how to make my job easier are good....please share them. Even if it's just where the best place is to order take-out.
3. Don't scare the students....even if they grate your nerves.
4. Don't scare the new orientees.....even if they grate your nerves.
5. Show us pictures of yourself in nursing school
or as a new grad...we really get a kick out of it and it brings it home that you were once a 'new' nurse too.