Thank-you Son - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 2, '09 by Going4myRNThis was so touching, and an encouragment that there will be an end! I am in the food line and bed bug phase with my three children as a single mom! Congradulations for not losing sight of the goal.
- Sep 3, '09 by Gator FNPWow, I'm still crying too! I wish you every success for the future. You did it!
- Sep 3, '09 by cardiac mamaYour letter brought back all the memories of the hard journey of school and what our loved ones endure to see us through. Congrats on your degree and upcoming marriage, what a wonderful job you have done with this letter to your son, and what a great outlook you have. Somebody pass the Kleenex please. I hope you win the award and have a great future ahead.
- Sep 4, '09 by BlueorchidWow...not many articles here really make me well up. What a wonderful reminder for all of us to be thankful for what we have. So much respect for single moms getting their education.
You've got one special boy there too, I hope both you and him go far. You're gonna fly
(Congrats on the marriage and graduation too!)
- Sep 9, '09 by Navy/College Momwow, this brought tears to my eyes. i just finished writing a thank you to my son; he's turning 21 on the 19th of this month. your story hit home for me on so many different levels. i too attempted to go to school for nursing when my son was three and my daughter 18months. all the late nights keeping them up, dragging them to class with me. living in 9 different places, my youngest spent her first christmas in shelter we were living in that featured us on channel 5 in chicago in 1991.
we even lived in the storage room at my job, playing "camp out", at least that's what i told them, because i had to make a decision to either pay the rent or pay the sitter; at least paying the sitter ensured i would keep my job.
my youngest just graduated high school the 30th may this year and received a full academic scholarship to wheaton college. i enrolled and was accepted into a lpn program in springfield illinois. i quit my job and here i am.
i wished i had finished school when my children were young like yours, so they could have benefitted from it as well.
kudos to both you and your little guy....you're his shero and inspiration!
congratulations to you both!
- Sep 11, '09 by chicookieAw it made me tear up! That was just so nice.
- Sep 11, '09 by mom25That is a fantastic letter. You are so blessed to have such an optimist outlook and a wonderful son to share that with. You are the true valitorian of life!!
- Sep 15, '09 by CharlieTLaughing students son,
You should be very proud of your mother's ability to overcome so many hardships to make a better life for the both of you. You may not understand for quite some time how hard she has worked to create a stable future. I am currently a nursing student and understand how difficult this form of education can be. I no longer have my mother or grandmother, but they still remain a strong source of inspriation for me. Good luck to your family.
- Sep 20, '09 by Ky_nicuRNThat was very touching
Thank you for sharing with us.
- Sep 20, '09 by jrw03282009It is hard to type through tears. My little guy is seven and I am going through school now, too. I hope it is ok that I share this with my class tomorrow. It is mostly older mothers with 1-4 children. We all need a smile right now. Thank you...