The Patient I Failed - Page 9Register Today!
- Sep 19, '08 by RNAnnjehOh my god....
So beautifully written I cried.
I really don't know what to say, except Thank You....for sharing that story.
- Sep 19, '08 by PattyoWhile she did not have the DNR she wanted, I believe in her dying days she knew that there was a nurse caring for her with love and compassion. You did what you could do, and that was a lot. Thank you for expressing so eloquently a pain that many of us have experienced and carry with us.
- Sep 19, '08 by vd07023Thank you so much for sharing. I hope the precious lady is resting in peace. You did your part so please dont be sorry. Hopefully this will be an eye opener for some people in the medical profession who wishes to impose these modern day technologies on people without thinking twice. God bless you.
- Sep 19, '08 by greenergrassOf course this was the winning article a touching story, eloquently written! Fabulous!
A true representation of the humanity & inhumanity in healthcare today.
Thank you & Congratulations!
- Sep 19, '08 by cancergirl24Doesn't a Living Will take presedence over what the "child" wants for her mother? I am nothing less than apalled. What a sad story
- Sep 20, '08 by sanddythanks alot
- Sep 20, '08 by mandykalThis is a story that belongs into the "chicken soup for the soul."
I once took report from a nurse who told me when she informed the Doc on the clients age (95), The Doc told her "I stop thinking about age long time ago." I told this nurse that "sometimes it's beyond our control."
The family (POA) wanted aggressive treatment....
- Sep 20, '08 by vintagestudentThank you, nerdtonurse. Very eloquently said through the written word what many of us will see with our own eyes and quietly suffer through. May God help these dear patients whose wishes are trampled on.
- Sep 20, '08 by celcltso welll thought out and straight from your heart- her dying was not in vain now- if we each can help one patient with the same kindness
I am updating my living will
- Sep 20, '08 by MMARNAbsolutely broke my heart. Thank you for writing it and being so wonderfully caring. *hugs*