My brother, James. - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 16, '08 by Liddle NoodnikThank you for writing about James, he sounds like such a loveable guy. I am glad he got to see what joy was all about before he got called home. ((((((((( allimariee )))))))))) xo
- Apr 16, '08 by kito4149Wow, you are a brave and compassionate person; that's what real, true nurses are made of. Thanks for that touching, eye-opening story.
- Apr 24, '08 by noah1976wow, what a sad story thank you for sharing your story.
- Apr 24, '08 by LovingNurseI am so sorry for your loss, Alliemariee. Thank you for sharing about James and what brought you to nursing. I'd pick you to be my nurse any day. Your love and compassion is wonderful. I'm sure sweet brother (((James))) is smiling and working through you. I suspect you two might be somehow sharing a set of wings. :angel2: :angel2:
(((Hugs))) to you. :heartbeat
- May 9, '08 by salspsI could feel for you when I read your story. It is a very touching story that truly moved me to tears. Thank you for sharing. You are going to live your brother's dream of being the best nurse . He could see it in you. He was not wrong.
Best wishes to you.
- Jun 29, '08 by josoknowWhat a story! Brought tears to my eyes. I also lost a brother named James recently, however he was 40 years old and his death was self inflicted. Never the less, very hard and never forgotten.
- Jul 6, '08 by Becca_AnneThank you for sharing! As a mother of two sons who have Aspergers this moved me deeply. Your decision to go into nursing will benefit so many other people both on and off the spectrum and I am sure your brother would be so very proud of you!
- Jul 7, '08 by leemacazI am so sorry about your loss. Your kindnesses to your brother in his brief lifemeant a lot to him , I am sure...and will always bring much better memories for you in the future.
Your life of helping people now , with your understanding of the pain of loss, will be appreciated greatly , I am sure. Bless you and yours.
- Jul 12, '08 by rnmomtobe2010This is absolutely by far the best I have read. Thank you for sharing and I am sure that he is smiling down on you and is very proud of what you are doing!!
- Jul 15, '08 by txnursingqtThe second that I read this line - I took a deep breath, and whispered in his ear, “James, if you need to let go, you go. I’ll stay here and take care of everyone.” Somehow, deep in my heart, I knew he wouldn’t make it through.
I began to cry. That is just so beautiful. How very mature and loving of you to say that. I wish you well in being a wonderful nurse.